Cipriano, Maria Michele Birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Cipriano, Maria Michele Birth

Post by dmurphy1940 »

#61. Please, may I have a translation.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348570602
Grazie,

Dolores
carubia
Master
Master

Re: Cipriano, Maria Michele Birth

Post by carubia »

This is a birth record for the girl Maria Michele Cipriano, who was born on 11 Apr 1868 at 11 AM. Th birth was reported by her father Pietro Cipriano, age 31, farmer, residing in Frigento, and son of the late Francesco. The mother was Pietro's wife Maria Giuseppa D'Acino (or D'Arino or maybe D'Avino), daughter of (still living) Francesco.

I'm not certain about the mother's surname, but it definitely begins with "D'A". D'Avino seems to be more common in Frigento, even though that doesn't look like the most probable reading. Do you need to know anything else?
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thanks, Carubia. I assume there is no age on the mother, correct? Is there an address given? Thank you so much!
Grazie,

Dolores
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

The mother's age wasn't given. There might have been an address, but I'd need to look again; I normally don't pay attention to that.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

It says she was born in the house where her parents lived in the district of.... I'm not sure what that place name is but it begins with a C, has "icapa" in the middle of it, is presumably within Frigento since that's where the parents were domiciled, and is given just above the baby's name, on the right-hand side of the line. It doesn't give an exact address.
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you again. FYI: I like to get the address as it helps me determine who the person's parents are, as a lot of my Frigento ancestors have exactly the same name................:)
Grazie,

Dolores