Understanding stemma description

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Understanding stemma description

Post by Anizio »

Hello,

one of my ancestral families has a coat of arms and a corresponding description of it in colour. I however cannot understand how the description would work out visually.

This is the description of what the coat of arms should look like:
troncato:
nel primo d'oro al lupo rapace al naturale saliente su un monte di 6 cime d'azzurro
Nel secondo d'argento al palo scaccato del campo e d'azzurro, accostato da due gigli del secondo.
Alla fascia d'oro caricata da un'aquila coronata di nero, sulla troncatura.
Cimiero: La figura della Giustizia nascente.

attached is a black and white sketch of it, the only one visual image of the coat of arms I know to exist.

Can someone explain to me how the colours in the description would actually look on the sketch (if the sketch is accurate)
Attachments
Genealogy Text Question.png
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Understanding stemma description

Post by liviomoreno »

My best guess...
Anizio wrote:Hello,

one of my ancestral families has a coat of arms and a corresponding description of it in colour. I however cannot understand how the description would work out visually.

This is the description of what the coat of arms should look like:
troncato:
nel primo d'oro al lupo rapace al naturale saliente su un monte di 6 cime d'azzurro
The upper part of the shield has a gold background and a wild wolf climbing a mountain with 6 light blue peaks
Nel secondo d'argento al palo scaccato del campo e d'azzurro, accostato da due gigli del secondo.
The lower part has a silver background, the vertical pole has light blue and silver squares. There's no color for the lilies
Alla fascia d'oro caricata da un'aquila coronata di nero, sulla troncatura.
The middle stripe is golden and the crowned eagle is black
Cimiero: La figura della Giustizia nascente
The crest shows the Justice.

attached is a black and white sketch of it, the only one visual image of the coat of arms I know to exist.

Can someone explain to me how the colours in the description would actually look on the sketch (if the sketch is accurate)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

More or less like this:
Attachments
anizio.jpg
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Thats also what I thought it might be. Looks strange :p

Thanks!
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information