Help with record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Help with record

Post by stokkster1 »

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

So I am trying to determine the first name? I know it must start with an "i" because of the index, also is the last name Geluso? I am looking for Vincenzio (Vincentio) & Philippa Geluso I see the parents match, but I am unsure if this is truly a Geluso family. also need day and month bap and is it the same day as born.
carubia
Master
Master

Re: Help with record

Post by carubia »

I don't see anyone with a surname Geluso on this page, or anything close. I don't see a Vincenzo married to Filippa either. There are 2 babies with the name Jacob (Giacomo), but one is Giacomo Pirrone [Perrone] born to Filippo and Fara, and the other is Giacomo Galluzzo with parents Giacomo and Anna. I don't see any other children's given names that begin with I or J. Why don't you tell us the location on the page of the record you are interested in?
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

carubia wrote:I don't see anyone with a surname Geluso on this page, or anything close. I don't see a Vincenzo married to Filippa either. There are 2 babies with the name Jacob (Giacomo), but one is Giacomo Pirrone [Perrone] born to Filippo and Fara, and the other is Giacomo Galluzzo with parents Giacomo and Anna. I don't see any other children's given names that begin with I or J. Why don't you tell us the location on the page of the record you are interested in?
I am getting fustrated with the copy and paste and it going to different pages UGHHH, not sure why its doing this. The page 184 of 193 #288 about mid way down.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

There is an Ignazio Geloso, born to Vincenzo and Filippa and baptized on 19 May 1816, in the upper left-hand corner of this page.
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

carubia wrote:There is an Ignazio Geloso, born to Vincenzo and Filippa and baptized on 19 May 1816, in the upper left-hand corner of this page.
yes thank you, I guessed it might be Iganzio, but was not 100 percent sure. You are wonderful, I really do appreciate your help, I would be lost without all of you.

Debbie Marino-Gatti