Laneri Record Translation Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ScottLaneri

Laneri Record Translation Help

Post by ScottLaneri »

Hello,

I'm fairly new to family history, and I'm not overly familiar with the Italian language. I have been searching through some microfilm lcoated in Salt Lake City, UT for my ancestors' records and found three records that I am struggling to understand. The records are all pulled from the Stato Civile Della Provincia Di Piacenza records, specifically the Nascita records from 1827-1839.

The first attached picture shows the names of three children of Pietro Laneri and Giovanna(sp?) Ballarini (sp?), my great-great-great grandparents. The names of the children are the 5th, 6th, and 7th records listed.

Can you please help me to transcribe the names and birthdates?

I see:
Laneri, Guiseppi? (This one is the hardest for me to read, and I may be way off); born March 17, 1836?
Laneri, Luigi Antonio; born March 18, 1839
Laneri, ?; born May 11? 18??

The second and third images show the individual records for Guiseppi Laneri and Luigi Antonio Laneri. I don't understand the written section and I'm hoping it may give some information about the parents because I don't have any birthdates or any other information for Pietro Laneri or Giovanna.

Any help in understanding these records better would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help.
Attachments
Luigi Antonio Laneri Individual Record
Luigi Antonio Laneri Individual Record
Guisseppi Laneri Individual Record
Guisseppi Laneri Individual Record
Three Laneri Children Record1.JPG
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Laneri Record Translation Help

Post by liviomoreno »

ScottLaneri wrote: ...

The first attached picture shows the names of three children of Pietro Laneri and Giovanna(ok) Ballarini (ok), my great-great-great grandparents. The names of the children are the 5th, 6th, and 7th records listed.

Can you please help me to transcribe the names and birthdates?

I see:
Laneri, Carlo Antonio (This one is the hardest for me to read, and I may be way off); born March 17, 1836
Laneri, Luigi Antonio; born March 15, 1839
Laneri, Mariantonia?; born May 4 1842

The second and third images show the individual records for Giuseppe Laneri born March 10 1831, son of Pietro, aged 33, and Giovanna Ballarini and Luigi Antonio Laneri born 15 March 1839, son of Pietro, aged 40, and Giovanna Ballarini, a side note states that on Jun 19 1870 he married Maria Mulazzi(sp?) from Ferriere. I don't understand the written section and I'm hoping it may give some information about the parents because I don't have any birthdates or any other information for Pietro Laneri or Giovanna.
The images are quite blurred and difficult to read
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Some additional info from the birth record of Luigi Antonio:

Pietro Laneri was age 40, and a contadino (peasant). The record reads that he was living in Sanguineto di Ozzola, place of the town of Coli. (this is referring to a frazione or hamlet of the town). I can see that in 1952, Ozzola became part of the town of Corte Brugnatella. The birth took place on a Friday.

Giuseppe's record also reads that Pietro was living in Sanguineto di Ozzola.

Erudita
ScottLaneri

Post by ScottLaneri »

Erudita and Liviomoreno

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate the information. It's so nice to have somewhere to ask questions. I hope to become better at this so I can answer more of them myself.

Thanks again,

Scott
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Happy to help, Scott. It takes a lot of patience and perseverance to learn to decipher these records. Just keep at it and eventually you'll be able to do it for yourself and maybe help others as well.
Erudita