question about document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
girty
Veteran
Veteran

question about document

Post by girty »

today I was going through some LDS film and I came across a relatives name. Iam not sure what the document was. this is what was written and what I was able to decipher:

Document name:
Atti di Morte per le presone defunte fuore del domicilio.

the birth certificate of augustale catuosco for execution of article the 61 of the civil code of it we make the inscrizione=il name augustale catuosco, to the service

that was all I got..after the to service was many ='s and names. Can anyone tell me what this document may be? and the think the one line should be "we make the inscription="

any help please....
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: question about document

Post by suanj »

Hi Girty, you can insert the image, I cannot understand well...
Document name:
Atti di Morte per le presone defunte fuore del domicilio.
Death acts for the people dieds no in residence's place...
for others exaplanations, if you can almost to write the italian writing.. for better help you, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

seems that this art. 61( now art. 299 comma 1) are about surname of adopted person in legal age...but I'm sure not, please to write the italian txt, thanks, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

sorry suanj can not show document. I don't have it....only copied down what I could. this is what I copied, somewords could not make out or I have spelled wrong. also left out sindaco's name.

Atti Di Morte Per le Presone
Defunte fuore del Domicilio

L'anno milleottocento diecienuove a vento _____ del mese di agoile (maybe april) noi sindaco_______ ed U della stato commune di Marsico, prov Basilicata, avendo ricevuto da _______ l'atto di nasicta di Augustale Catuosco per esecuzione dell'articole 61 del codice civile ne facciamo l' inscrizione=il nominato Augustale Catuosco, al servizio......

thats all I got, what do you think it is.
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

also I'm understanding this has to do with death. Now this can not be the Augustale Catuosco who is Micheles father and my grandfathers namesake. I would have to figure by death certifecate I have on Micheles father he would have been born around 1817 or so. Now could this be his grandfather, father of Elieso. who also might be his namesake...very confusing....sorry
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

L'anno milleottocento diecienuove a vento _____ del mese di agoile (maybe april) noi sindaco_______ ed U della stato commune di Marsico, prov Basilicata, avendo ricevuto da _______ l'atto di nasicta di Augustale Catuosco per esecuzione dell'articole 61 del codice civile ne facciamo l' inscrizione=il nominato Augustale Catuosco, al servizio......
thats all I got, what do you think it is.[/quote]

death acts for people deceseads not in residence place

The year 1819 the 20 of August/April month in my presence Major and Official of civil records of Marsico's Common Basilicata province, having received from......... the birthact of Augustale Catuosco, in art. 61 obedience, we make the transcripting= of above named Augustale Catuosco, to service...

The art. 61 mentioned had many parts: sure an part said that for the adult person adopted it had to assume the last name of adopter (new father) and to put in front to of original surname...
another article part said ( in 1821) that the Major it must make the birthregistries of Common... "l'art.61 del decreto stabiliva che "i Podestà sono specialmente incaricati della cura di tenere i Registri de' quali si parla nei titoli I, III e V della parte 4° del libro I° del nuovo Codice civile pe' Nostri Stati"
hoping helpful, regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

thats all I got, what do you think it is.[/quote]

death acts for people deceseads not in residence place

The year 1819 the 20 of August/April month in my presence Major and Official of civil records of Marsico's Common Basilicata province, having received from......... the birthact of Augustale Catuosco, in art. 61 obedience, we make the transcripting= of above named Augustale Catuosco, to service...

The art. 61 mentioned had many parts: sure an part said that for the adult person adopted it had to assume the last name of adopter (new father) and to put in front to of original surname...
another article part said ( in 1821) that the Major it must make the birthregistries of Common... "l'art.61 del decreto stabiliva che "i Podestà sono specialmente incaricati della cura di tenere i Registri de' quali si parla nei titoli I, III e V della parte 4° del libro I° del nuovo Codice civile pe' Nostri Stati"
hoping helpful, regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

Suanj I got the document, If you have windows fax and viewer its pretty easy to read. now how do i get it here?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi girty, I receveid your email and also i already reply.. the art. 61 is for italian law about the start of registries in Italy south of births/ marriages/deaths Augustale was decesead in militar service for strong fever in Gaeta's militar hospital... many regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

thanks so much suanj, as usual you come through for me......now i just wish I knew who this guy was....According to my records a man named Eliseo should be Augustales father.

Eliseo Catuosco +Saverina Caso
Augustale Catuosco born around 1817. Married Raffaela Laino
Michele Catuosco born 1857. married Rosa Sangiorgio
Augustale Catuosco born 1881 married Pasuqalina Sorrentino.
George Catusco born 1927 married Ellen Emer (my parents)

So where would this guy fit..could he be old enough to be Eliseos father, or maybe this is Eliseos brother? what do you think?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi girty, this Augustale died in 1819 was son of ANGELO and of Antonia GROFEO ( or similar spelling), so could be an cousin of YOUR Augustale ... if Angelo Catuosco was the old brother of Eliseo .... ..best regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

Well this is as far back as I can go, FHL only goes back this far (1810). Now can I assume (which isn't always best) that Angelo and Antonia are Eliseos parents too? And anywhere in the document did it say how old Augstale was when he died? I ask because Eliseo had a 2 year old son, which would have made him somewhat young at the time, my question do you feel if at all possibe that Augustale could have been Eliseos father? He did name his son that name.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi girty, in the document is not the Augustale age, I review many times, and no age, only description of face and body: hair and eyes brown, wide mouth, size 4 x 11( I cannot know what corrispond currently) etc... Antonia and Angela sure could be parents too your Eliseo.. I think that was an Eliseo brother, because Angelo hac an Augustale son, and also Eliseo, most probable as the father of both... the better help in this case could be an "processetti matrimoniali" microfilm, but I see that is not in Marsico Nuovo microfilms.... but you can see in Matrimoni microfilm, and because your Augustale sr was born in 1817, is probable that the marriage of Eliseo and Severina was around 1815.... perhaps you can find some records about the marriages of Eliseo( the relative names) ....
also you can see in church record
Italy, Potenza, Marsico Nuovo - Church records

Titles Registri ecclesiastici, 1647-1889 Chiesa cattolica. San Marco (Marsico Nuovo, Potenza)
Registri ecclesiastici, 1648-1900 Chiesa cattolica. San Giorgio Martire (Marsico Nuovo, Potenza)

Registri ecclesiastici, 1752-1891 Chiesa cattolica. Santa Caterina (Marsico Nuovo, Potenza)

I think that you find other interesting records.... take care, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vcatusco

Post by vcatusco »

Your parents are my Grand Parents and George of Bayville is my Father,I only seen him about 7 times. :o 8) :o