One word translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

One word translation

Post by vspeciale66 »

Can anyone tell me what the word is after Marghrita Del Gatto's name?
Attachments
image.png
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: One word translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I'm reading Margherita di Dom which I would suggest is meaning Margherita (daughter) of Domenico.

It is always helpful to have the complete image to look at, or even better a link to the image when it is online:-)

Edit: Here are some other (male) names beginning with "Dom": Domenicangelo Domenicantonio Domenichino Domenicuccio Domiliano Dominatore Domitillo Domiziano Domizio

Angela
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thanks Angela. I think you are spot on and it's what I suspected.
Hers the full page. I enlarged it for ear of viewing. Her fathers name was Domenico so this is good documentation then of the connection.
Attachments
image.png
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Good to hear. I hope that you are able to get a copy of the record to confirm everything. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Angela:-)