Translation help request

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Vivs

Translation help request

Post by Vivs »

Good evening.
My Italian is slowly coming along, but I cannot make heads or tails of this scribe's pen. Most letters look the same to my eye.
The record Im looking at is Benedetti, Maria ???
It's a basic Nati form, so if you can read the letters it should be simple, but I'm not even sure of her name, let alone the less obscure parts
Thanks for any help, it is truly appreciated :shock:
Vivs

Re: Translation help request

Post by Vivs »

Sure would help if I included the record http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Record #48
Dated 17 September 1901 at 7 PM at the town office
Before the official...
appeared Giulia Benedetti, age 23, farmer residing in the town, to declare that at 3 AM on the 13th of the current month, at the house at Via delleGiosi (?) , from a union with an unmarried may, not a relative and who will not be recognized (named); was born [to her] a female child who was presented to the official and to whom was given the name MARIA STELLA.
Witnesses to the recording of the birth were: Antonio Caruso, 48, and Croce Caruso, 50.

T.
Vivs

Post by Vivs »

Thank you for your help, I was getting by on the standard forms, but (I guess) the unwed mother part was what was throwing me.
Appreciate the help