The last of Tommaso Fantacuzzie marriage documents

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

The last of Tommaso Fantacuzzie marriage documents

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

Hi, I have a few documents that were with Tommaso Fantacuzzies marriage documents that I need help translating. These are the next three that were attached. After these three I can't tell if there are any more.

Attachment 7

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Attachment 8

Attachment 9

Pianella, Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy & San Filippo, Messina, Sicily
Family Names: Palma, Di Girolamo, Di Giovanni, Ferrara, Fantacuzzi, Villari, Fruttoso
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: The last of Tommaso Fantacuzzie marriage documents

Post by erudita74 »

Attachment # 7-town of Cepagatti
The mayor and official of Cepagatti notifies all that Tomasso Fantacuzzi (prospective groom), age 24, peasant living in Pianella, son of deceased Ferdinando Fantacuzzi and Anna Zapita Chiappini, living in Pianella AND Camilla Gianvittorio (prospective bride), age 24, daughter of Giuliano Gianvittorio, peasant living in Cepagatti, and deceased Lucia Croce
intend to proceed in our presence with the solemn promise to celebrate their marriage before the Church, according to the terms prescribed by the Sacred Council of Trent.
This document was dated in Cepagatti on Jan 7, 1821.

Attachment #8
Left column is the Solemn Promise to Marry; right column is the Indicazione (Church marriage)
Left column:
Solemn Promise is dated Feb 3, 1821 at 10 P.M. in Cepagatti
Tomasso Fantacuzzi, age 24, born in Penne, a peasant living in Pianella (info about parents is same as in attachment #7) and Camilla Gianvittorio, age 24, (born in Cepagatti and living in this town)-info about her parents is the same as in attachment #7;
Bottom handwriting reads that the notification of this promise was posted on the door of the town hall of Cepagatti on Jan 7, 1821 and on the door of the town hall of Pianella on the same day, month, and year.
Right column:
indicates that they were married in the Parish Church of Cepagatti on Feb 3, 1821. Witnesses were Vincenzo Perangelo (surname is actually Pierangelo) and Domenicantonio Tosco.
Handwritten at the bottom of this right column: the parish priest of the Parish of Santa Lucia in Cepagatti certified that the marriage was celebrated on Feb 3, 1821.

Attachment # 9 (left side of the page) is your last record
First you have a list of documents which the couple had to provide in order to proceed with their solemn promise to marry. Second you have 4 witnesses who were present at, and intervened in, the formulation of the act of solemn promise. All four witnesses were town residents in Cepagatti and all four were peasants there.
Required documents provided by the couple:
1. Birth act of the groom
2. Birth act of the bride
3. Death act of the father of the groom, Ferdinando Fantacuzzi, who died in Penne on Aug 31, 1808
4. Death act of the grandfather of the groom
5. Death act of the mother of the bride
6. Act of notification in the town of Cepagatti which resulted in no opposition to the marriage
7. Act of notification in the town of Pianella, which also resulted in no opposition to the marriage.

Witnesses:
Guglielmo Scipione, age 30, Vincenzo Pierangelo, 41, Filippo Rosette, age 33, and Carmine Mancarelli, age 26. The witnesses were literate and signed their names.
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

erudita74 wrote:Attachment # 7-town of Cepagatti
The mayor and official of Cepagatti notifies all that Tomasso Fantacuzzi (prospective groom), age 24, peasant living in Pianella, son of deceased Ferdinando Fantacuzzi and Anna Zapita Chiappini, living in Pianella AND Camilla Gianvittorio (prospective bride), age 24, daughter of Giuliano Gianvittorio, peasant living in Cepagatti, and deceased Lucia Croce
intend to proceed in our presence with the solemn promise to celebrate their marriage before the Church, according to the terms prescribed by the Sacred Council of Trent.
This document was dated in Cepagatti on Jan 7, 1821.

Attachment #8
Left column is the Solemn Promise to Marry; right column is the Indicazione (Church marriage)
Left column:
Solemn Promise is dated Feb 3, 1821 at 10 P.M. in Cepagatti
Tomasso Fantacuzzi, age 24, born in Penne, a peasant living in Pianella (info about parents is same as in attachment #7) and Camilla Gianvittorio, age 24, (born in Cepagatti and living in this town)-info about her parents is the same as in attachment #7;
Bottom handwriting reads that the notification of this promise was posted on the door of the town hall of Cepagatti on Jan 7, 1821 and on the door of the town hall of Pianella on the same day, month, and year.
Right column:
indicates that they were married in the Parish Church of Cepagatti on Feb 3, 1821. Witnesses were Vincenzo Perangelo (surname is actually Pierangelo) and Domenicantonio Tosco.
Handwritten at the bottom of this right column: the parish priest of the Parish of Santa Lucia in Cepagatti certified that the marriage was celebrated on Feb 3, 1821.

Attachment # 9 (left side of the page) is your last record
First you have a list of documents which the couple had to provide in order to proceed with their solemn promise to marry. Second you have 4 witnesses who were present at, and intervened in, the formulation of the act of solemn promise. All four witnesses were town residents in Cepagatti and all four were peasants there.
Required documents provided by the couple:
1. Birth act of the groom
2. Birth act of the bride
3. Death act of the father of the groom, Ferdinando Fantacuzzi, who died in Penne on Aug 31, 1808
4. Death act of the grandfather of the groom
5. Death act of the mother of the bride
6. Act of notification in the town of Cepagatti which resulted in no opposition to the marriage
7. Act of notification in the town of Pianella, which also resulted in no opposition to the marriage.

Witnesses:
Guglielmo Scipione, age 30, Vincenzo Pierangelo, 41, Filippo Rosette, age 33, and Carmine Mancarelli, age 26. The witnesses were literate and signed their names.
Thank you for translating this for me! I appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Pianella, Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy & San Filippo, Messina, Sicily
Family Names: Palma, Di Girolamo, Di Giovanni, Ferrara, Fantacuzzi, Villari, Fruttoso
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. I just hate the typing and not the translating!
Erudita