Translating last name?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
italianmutt
Rookie
Rookie

Translating last name?

Post by italianmutt »

I have 2 documents with Nunziata's last name- none are eligible and look different from each other. Any help is appreciated!

These are Nunziata's birth record and her husband's (Michele D'Alessandro) birth record with Nunziata's name in the margin. Her Ellis Island record appears to say "Tesseraro" or "Terrasara"- it is also illegible, and the picture wont save to my computer.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Translating last name?

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I can't blow these images up for deciphering. If they are on line, please just copy and paste the link to the images. It is much easier all round.

Edit to Add: Tendino

Thank you.
Angela
italianmutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianmutt »

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

italianmutt wrote:I have 2 documents with Nunziata's last name- none are eligible and look different from each other. Any help is appreciated!

These are Nunziata's birth record and her husband's (Michele D'Alessandro) birth record with Nunziata's name in the margin. Her Ellis Island record appears to say "Tesseraro" or "Terrasara"- it is also illegible, and the picture wont save to my computer.

Hi again

I agree with what mmogno has told you on this thread here: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... logy/38776 that on both Michele D'Alessandro's birth record, and Nunziata's birth record, that she was given the surname "Tendino", that is, "Nunziata Tendino".

Angela
italianmutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianmutt »

thank you!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Happy to help.

Angela
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Surname in Nunziata's birth record is "Tendino" (final o).
But in many other italian documents, surname is spelled "Tendina" (final a).
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Possibly in Ellis Island record, someone wrote the word "wife" [of Michele d'Alessandro] over "Tendina" in line number 11 (see also "daughter" in line number 16).

In line 11 and column 18 I read "uncle Donato De Maio" (?)
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Dossier containing attachments to marriage:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043630
and following pictures

Cover

1913 Dossier N. 112
City Hall of the city of Maddaloni
Marriage register
d'Alessandro Michele
and
Tendina Nunziata
Num 112
7 documents included
italianmutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianmutt »

Wow thank you so much! This is making my family so happy!
If anyone is able to translate the 7 marriage documents, I would be forever grateful!