Marriage of Michaelangelo Pampalone & Antonia Chiappone 1779

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Marriage of Michaelangelo Pampalone & Antonia Chiappone 1779

Post by sacesta »

I'm not sure who Francescus Maria Pampalone is in this record (bottom left). Is it possible he is the priest who performed the wedding?

I'd also like confirmation on names and dates.

It looks to me like this is the marriage of Michaelangelo Pampalone to Antonia Chiappone occurring on the 3rd of October 1779.

Groom's parents appear to be Pietro Pampalone and Vita Aguanno.

Bride's parents appear to be Giuseppe Chiappone and Catharina Verdiramo? (I'm not familiar with the name Verdiramo.)

Also not sure of the witnesses. They appear to be Leonardo Pampalone, son of Antonino & Vita (something) and Hieronymus Aguanno daughter of Jacobi Aguanno and Vincenza Guastella.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated. This record remained elusive for some time. I'm glad to have finally found it!

Steve

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=730834
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Marriage of Michaelangelo Pampalone & Antonia Chiappone 1779

Post by liviomoreno »

sacesta wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 14:13 I'm not sure who Francescus Maria Pampalone is in this record (bottom left). Is it possible he is the priest who performed the wedding? Yes

I'd also like confirmation on names and dates.

It looks to me like this is the marriage of Michaelangelo Pampalone to Antonia Chiappone occurring on the 3rd of October 1779.

Groom's parents appear to be Pietro Pampalone and Vita Aguanno.

Bride's parents appear to be deceased Giuseppe Chiappone and deceased Catharina (in Italian Catarina) Verdiramo? (I'm not familiar with the name Verdiramo.) nowadays it is Verdirame

Also not sure of the witnesses. They appear to be Leonardo Pampalone, son of deceased Nxxx Antonino & Vita (Axxx) and Hieronymus (in Italian Geronimo) Aguanno son of deceased Jacobi (in Italian Giacomo) and deceased Vincenza Guastella.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated. This record remained elusive for some time. I'm glad to have finally found it!

Steve

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=730834
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Re: Marriage of Michaelangelo Pampalone & Antonia Chiappone 1779

Post by sacesta »

Thank you very much Livio!

It's especially interesting that Hieronymus is Latin for Geronimo. I never knew that. I have a few undiscovered ancestors whose first names are Geronimo. I never thought to look in the indices under H to find them.

You've given me renewed hope.

Thanks again!

Steve
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.