1896 Domenico Zambrotta & Angela Bianculli Marriage Record # 16

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Dianeb
Elite
Elite

Post by Dianeb »

Could someone please translate this marriage record for me?

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=732700

Thank you,
Diane
Attachments
Domenico Zambrotta Marriage Record.png
Diane B
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: 1896 Domenico Zambrotta & Angela Bianculli Marriage Record # 16

Post by PippoM »

This is not a marriage record, but the request for marriage banns. The applicants were the fathers of the spouses:

Antonio Zambrotta, 60 years old, peasant, residing in Sanza, for his son Domenico, 21 yo, peasant, residing in Sanza; Domenico's mother was Maria Sampietro
Vincenzo Bianculli, 50 years old, peasant, residing in Sanza, for his daughter Angela, 17 yo, peasant, residing in Sanza; Angela's mother was Barbara (?) De Luca
The spouses were both born in Sanza. Mothers were present and gave their consent.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
lcmor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lcmor »

Hi Diane,

The document reads:

The year 1896, 30th day of April at the hour 10:30am in the comune building. In front of me, Giuseppe Baselloni mayor and the official of the civil state of the comune of Sanza. Here present Antonio Zambrotta, 60 years old, farmer, resident in Sanza, (son of) father of Domenico, 21 years old, farmer, resident in Sanza, son of Maria Sanpietro, farmer, resident in Sanza

And Vincenzo Bianculli, 50 years old, farmer, resident in Sanza (daughter of) father of Angela Bianculli, 17 years old, farmer, resident in Sanza, daughter of Barbara De Luca, farmer, resident in Sanza.

Who have asked me to write a pubblication of marriage, as the bride and groom, Angela Bianculli & Domenico Zambrotta intend to celebrate their marriage. They have both declared that they were born in Sanza, they have both been resident in Sanza for more than a year, they do not have adoptive parents and there are not obsticles which impede their marriage and no impediments due toe laws.

These declarations are confirmed under legal oath by ? Sevantis, 54 years old ? and Michele Calandra??, 43 years old ? both resident in this comune, witnesses present at the signing of the act. The documents examined before my eyes and inserted in the volume of the attachments to this register, I will declare that the pubblications will be made in this comune.

Those documents are copies of the birth certificates of the bride and groom....etc etc.

Hope this is helpful! Good luck!!
FROM ABRUZZO WITH LOVE genealogy services
http://www.abruzzowithlove.com
Find us on...
Facebook: /abruzzowithlove
Twitter: @abruzzowithlove
Instagram: abruzzowithlove
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

lcmor wrote: 20 Feb 2017, 10:53 Hi Diane,

The document reads:

The year 1896, 30th day of April at the hour 10:30am in the comune building. In front of me, Giuseppe Baselloni mayor and the official of the civil state of the comune of Sanza. Here present Antonio Zambrotta, 60 years old, farmer, resident in Sanza, (son of) father of Domenico, 21 years old, farmer, resident in Sanza, son of Maria Sanpietro, farmer, resident in Sanza

And Vincenzo Bianculli, 50 years old, farmer, resident in Sanza (daughter of) father of Angela Bianculli, 17 years old, farmer, resident in Sanza, daughter of Barbara De Luca, farmer, resident in Sanza.

Who have asked me to write a pubblication of marriage, as the bride and groom, Angela Bianculli & Domenico Zambrotta intend to celebrate their marriage. They have both declared that they were born in Sanza, they have both been resident in Sanza for more than a year, they do not have adoptive parents and there are not obsticles which impede their marriage and no impediments due toe laws.

These declarations are confirmed under legal oath by ? De Sanctis, 54 years old and Michele Calabrese, 43 years old both resident in this comune, witnesses present at the signing of the act. The documents examined before my eyes and inserted in the volume of the attachments to this register, I will declare that the pubblications will be made in this comune.

Those documents are copies of the birth certificates of the bride and groom....etc etc.

Hope this is helpful! Good luck!!
Hi Icmor, if you look at the signatures, the names are often clearer there. :)

Angela
Dianeb
Elite
Elite

Post by Dianeb »

Wow, what a find, so much information. Many thanks Angela!!!
Diane B
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

:)
Well actually, you really need to thank Pippo and Icmor because they did all the work. I saw that there were some question marks and followed up. I think that the given name of De Sanctis might be Errico. I've seen this name somewhere else since posting this. It doesn't really look like Errico in the record though but he was around at that time being a witness for these records.

Angela
Dianeb
Elite
Elite

Post by Dianeb »

A BIG thank you to Pippo & Icmor for translating this for me. I now have so much more info on my Zambrotta Family
Diane
Diane B
Chris Zambrotta

Post by Chris Zambrotta »

i have the family crest