Birth Record for Pasquale Nigro 1899

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
frontpagebooks

Birth Record for Pasquale Nigro 1899

Post by frontpagebooks »

Hi! You have no idea how happy I am to have found this forum!!!!! For the first time in 45 years of researching my family I'm immersed in Italian Birth, Marriage and Death records. We JUST found out that my sister has a different father than the rest of us - and my sister is 70 years old! Talk about a SECRET! So....I've found her family and I'm trying to decipher these records to see how they all fit together and what these say. The marriage records are slightly easier to understand, but I can't figure out the birth records - it's just one big paragraph to me.

I can see that the child's name is Pasquale Nigro and it looks like the father's name is Alessandro Nigro and the mother's name is Maria Guiseppa Brescia, but I can't figure out the details after that. I'm hoping that these follow a pattern from one birth record to the next so I can decipher the rest I have with less help. Would someone take a look and help me here? Pasquale Nigro on the right side of the page. THank you so much!
Attachments
record-image_33SQ-GYQP-96B1(4).jpg
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record for Pasquale Nigro 1899

Post by PippoM »

Top: Record date: Feb 12, 1899 at 11:30
Declarant: Alessandro Nigro, 32 years old, peasant, residing in this town, who declared that at 6:30am of day 11, in the house situated at via San Teodoro, 14, his wife Maria Giuseppa Brescia, peasant, living with him, gave birth to a male child whom he gives name Pasquale.
Following, names of witnesses to the declaration
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
frontpagebooks

Post by frontpagebooks »

Incredible! Thank you so much!
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

What's incredible? :shock:
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.