Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Letter to Fondi

Post by suanj »

phishfood wrote:Another quick question. Which of the 2 addresses do I send my response to?

Servizi Demografici
Piazza della Repubblica n. 6
04022 Fondi (LT)
Italy

OR

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Fondi
04022 FONDI LT
ITALY
Kim: they are same address, but the first is very precise, in the second are not the street name, but only are wrote the same Office( in other version name) in Municipality of Fondi in Fondi.. so.
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Translation of letters from Fondi, Italy

Post by phishfood »

If I pay the Euro's are they giving me the same document I have already or is it something different?

Kim
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Kim,

I am getting confused following this topic. The two images you posted were from the comune acknowledging they had a record for the name you requested and the date of that birth. The comune noted there were not margin notes on the original act. I think they were trying to tell you there was no additional information recorded on the act. They did not send you a copy of the original act or a certificate.

I believe you requested a copy of the actual birth act. The comune has said it will cost 5 Euro's. If you want the copy of the birth act follow the instructions of the comune.

What does the following mean:

"If I pay the Euro's are they giving me the same document I have already or is it something different?"

If you already have the document, why did you write to them again to obtain another copy. Sorry if I have misunderstood what you are saying.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Kim I hope that you can make a effort for to understand the your request in italian office:

1-you request the birthact (Estratto dell'atto di Nascita) and photocopy from original act in birthregistry( Copia integrale)

2-you receveid ONLY the birthact( that you already had since from 1998); in this document the officer wrote the data: ONLY THE DATA; the note normally are the marriage: are not the note because no married in Italy.

3-you no receveid the "photocopy from original act in birthregistry( Copia integrale)"

4-why?

5-because the Officer say you that you must to pay 5 euros and also to send the envelope with address and international coupon

6-if you sent the sum and etc.. what you will receive?

7-you will receive the photocopy from original act in birthregistry( Copia integrale)

8-what it is this document?

9-this is the complete report about Alessandro birth/foundling

10-what are wrote in this document?

11-normally( I say: normally, but also it is possible that in Alessandro's case are not) are wrote that "in street... etc, or in front the house... etc..." an person(name and surname) in day ... of month... of year, it found an child of male gender, abandoned, and are wrote if this child was in an crib, and if it had some object; for exemple: a medal, a handkerchief with acronym.. etc ....

regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Wow...

Suanj- your explanation could not be any clearer.

Kim, good luck with your genealogy.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

VaDeb wrote:Wow...

Suanj- your explanation could not be any clearer.

Kim, good luck with your genealogy.
VaDeb: :wink: kisses, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj and VaDeb,

I was confused before but now I am not. I really appreciate you both telling me fully what I will be getting and what was said. Suanj, since this document is basically the same thing I got in 1998 I ask again, where do I go from here with finding Alessandro's real parents? Or is this it for me and I will never find out who they are? Is there anything else that can be done to try to find his real parents?

Kim
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

Thanks VaDeb for the encouragement. I will need it for my great grandfather. This is very very hard for me.

Kim :)
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Kim,

Go to you library and get the book "Italian GEnealogical Records" by Tafford Cole. He covers the subject of abandoned children and the records in Italy.

You are asking the same question over and over again. The comune sent you a certificate that stated Alessandro was an abandoned infant, and gave you his birth information on a certificate.

You have asked for a copy of the actual birth act. The comune has told you they will send it for 5 Euros. I, personally would send for the copy of the original act, just to have it for my records. I like to get a copy of every document possible. Yes, you have the certificate, but not a copy of the actual birth act. No one can predict exactly what will be on that original act. There should be the name of the person who found the child.

The birth act is not going to name Alessandro's parents! From what Suanj stated from helping you, he was an abandoned infant. His parents are unknown and unfortunately your research with this line will end with him.

If you want the copy send the fee. No one on this board can predict exactly what details it will contain. Suanj has told you from her experience at looking at many what is will most like ly contain.

I have gone through almost 100 years of birth records for a little town in Sicily. Read many records of abandoned babys. Noticed very quickly, during a time period, most would be presented by the same woman. She was the levitrice or midwife. I would guess she knew who delivered the child, but that information was never given.
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

VaDeb,

I am sad that the end of this line will stop at my great grandfather. Thanks for all the info. on this part of my line. I will get that book and do some reading. :)

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

suanj and VaDeb,

I was confused before but now I am not.
I hope it, because I'm exausted ...

I really appreciate you both telling me fully what I will be getting and what was said.
:D
Suanj, since this document is basically the same thing I got in 1998 I ask again, where do I go from here with finding Alessandro's real parents?

Kim, I'm exausted.... a moment:

1-you wish know Alessandro's real parents
2-you say that was an local baron's son
3-I replied you that this legend is usual in abandoned infant's case
4-you again wish know more about Alessandro's real parents
5-you ask me what it is possible to search again
6-I replied that for more info about the birth, it is possible to ask photocopy from original act in birthregistry( Copia integrale)
7-I prepared the letter
8-You sended the letter
9-in the meantime you found in your house an birthact of Alessandro that the Fondi officer sended you in the 1998
10-well, however you need of photocopy from original act in birthregistry( Copia integrale), because YOU WISH KNOW MORE
11-You wait the reply of Fondi about your LAST request
12-Fondi replied, and send you again the birth act and ask the payment for to obtain the photocopy from original act in birthregistry( Copia integrale)
13- NOW you say: since this document is basically the same thing I got in 1998 I ask again, where do I go from here with finding Alessandro's real parents?
14-As you can say this? YOU AGAIN NO RECEVEID until this moment the photocopy from original act in birthregistry( Copia integrale); I already explaned you (very abundantly) THAT the real parents ARE NOT mentioned in nobody documents, but IS POSSIBLE ONLY TO DESCOVER SOME TRACE ( if it are)BY the photocopy from original act in birthregistry( Copia integrale) !! ONLY when you will have the photocopy from original act in birthregistry( Copia integrale) and you will read it with your eyes, ONLY in this future moment you can say some thing, now YOU or ME we cannot say nothing, because WE DON'T KNOW NOTHING without the document (and remember:IT ARE NOT MENTIONED THE NAMES OF REAL PARENTS, BUT ONLY THE circumstances and the person of child finding !)

Or is this it for me and I will never find out who they are? Is there anything else that can be done to try to find his real parents?
again? Kim but my language is as china language for you?
KIM: it is easy for all: also for you. Please to read and to understand very well all points from number 1 to number 13 above.
Kim
8O suanj

PS: and again just a bit:
Kim, but as it is possible for someone to think that the Italian Offices must to work free and also with fees? If the Italian Offices they reply with courtesy to the request from foreign country and also they send the documents (that they have a cost of: job time + coupon and+ envelope), well all this have only an meaning: the italian life style. BUT WHEN IT IS POSSIBLE, enter some fee's limit; WHEN THIS IS NO POSSIBLE are required a very little payment.
I don't find a similar behavior in other countries, because always I must to pay all.
Now, I ask myself: Kim, if the photocopy from original act in birthregistry(Copia integrale) from Fondi was free as the birthact and the sending also (only by kindlest courtesy of Fondi Common), perhaps this questions not there were. You before wish to know more, but after the payment request YOU DON't WISH KNOW MORE

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

I am so sorry you had to go throug all of that. I completely understand. I do not have a problem paying the commune and I will do that. I will see what the Copia integrale says and hopefully it will give me more leads or something. I am grateful that Fondi responded to me, trust me. I know they are busy and probably have many requests like mine. I appreciate the time you have spent with me. It was in an earlier e-mail that you said he could be from one of the 3 baron's that lived in Fodi at that time and that gave me such hope and happiness. I am not giving up quite yet. I will see what Fondi returns to me. Thanks again!!!

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Ok Kim,

I hope that you finally understand about italian request of documents. also the advice of VaDeb, about the book "Italian GEnealogical Records" by Tafford Cole, well is helpful for you; also I can add that this book is a good reading for all people that they wish to start with italian genealogy, so, BEFORE of to insert a topic in a forum it will be very well to read it, so the forum volunteers will be without stress... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

I am sending the Euros to Fondi tomorrow and I have that book that VaDeb said to get on order at my local library. Thanks again and sorry to cause stress. :(

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

phishfood wrote:suanj,

I am sending the Euros to Fondi tomorrow and I have that book that VaDeb said to get on order at my local library. Thanks again and sorry to cause stress. :(

Kim
:D Kim, here we are an great family!
Regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH