Ruggiero, Vito Nicola BIRTH#7

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Ruggiero, Vito Nicola BIRTH#7

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Grazie,

Dolores
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Re: Ruggiero, Vito Nicola BIRTH#7

Post by mjclayton1 »

So..... there are other people here FAR better at this than me, but here's my (loose) take:

Atti di Nascita Numero 7
Date of record: 14 Jan 1878 at 11:00 A.M.
Comune of: Frigento
Appeared: Alfonso Ruggiero, age 31, peasant, living in Frigento
Declared: at 7:30 P.M. on 13 day of current month (January) in the section/area of Michael fountain (?) ("Contrada Fontana Michele"), No. 15, of Avino |di| Filamina, his wife, peasant, living together
Nome: Vito Nicola
Testimoni/witnesses: Mariano Calo' (sp.?), age 43, peasant and Pasquale Cirillo (Sp.?), age 38, peasant
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

mjclayton1 wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 20:28 So..... there are other people here FAR better at this than me, but here's my (loose) take:

Atti di Nascita Numero 7
Date of record: 14 Jan 1878 at 11:15 A.M.
Comune of: Frigento
Appeared: Alfonso Ruggiero, age 31, peasant, living in Frigento
Born: at 7:30 P.M. on 13 day of current month (January) in the section/area of Michael fountain (?) ("Contrada Fontana Michele"), No. 15, of Avino |di| Filomena di Avino, his wife, peasant, living together
Nome: Vito Nicola
Testimoni/witnesses: Marciano Calo' (sp.?), age 43, peasant and Pasquale Ciriello (Sp.?), age 38, peasant
Edit to Add:

Re "Contrada"
Here is an explanation from Pippo: "Contrada" was also meant as a hamlet out of main village, and it often consisted of a few houses along a street. So "contrada" can substantially be the same as "street". I noticed that in various towns what were called "contrada"s in 1800 are now streets in the village/town (maybe they grew since then, and incorporated the hamlet).

Well done on the translation Mike, it's easy for me because I am so familiar with the names now.

Another edit: Sorry Mark, I've called you Mike :oops:

Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you mjclayton and Angela!
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are welcome, Dolores. I've just edited my post above. Hopefully Mark will see it as well.

Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Always good information, Angela.
Grazie,

Dolores
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Post by mjclayton1 »

Edit to Add:

Re "Contrada"
Here is an explanation from Pippo: "Contrada" was also meant as a hamlet out of main village, and it often consisted of a few houses along a street. So "contrada" can substantially be the same as "street". I noticed that in various towns what were called "contrada"s in 1800 are now streets in the village/town (maybe they grew since then, and incorporated the hamlet).

Well done on the translation Mike, it's easy for me because I am so familiar with the names now.
[/color]

Another edit: Sorry Mark, I've called you Mike :oops:

Angela
[/quote]

Hi, Angela-

Thanks for the correction to the Avino name (I was confused by it) and also for posting that explanation by Pippo. Very helpful stuff. And no worries about my name!

:D

Mark
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

:D You are very welcome, Mark.

Angela