Translation of Pages 2 and 3 of Marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rp76226
Master
Master

Translation of Pages 2 and 3 of Marriage

Post by rp76226 »

The following link is for pages 2 and 3 of the marriage of Calogero di Puma to Santa Fuca in 1837. Page 1 gave the parents. Are the grandparents given on these pages, and if yes, who are they?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Ron
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Translation of Pages 2 and 3 of Marriage

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

In answer to your question, I can only see that, amongst the allegati listed, that it “names” the paternal grandfather of the bride: Calogero Fuca', (husband of Lucia Troisi), and it also gives his date of death. I've found his 1825 death record here (No 67 (sessantasette):

Maybe someone else can take a look at the allegati as well, as I'm finding it quite faint to read. It looks like it may mention the respective dates of death of the respective parents that have died as well, so from their death records, you may be able to glean more information. Hopefully someone will be able to catch those dates for you.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I have had another look with fresh eyes, and the only other two death acts mentioned which were included in the allegati, that I can see, are of Giovanna Cataia, first wife of the groom?, made in the town on 22 August 1837

and the death act of the father of the bride (Luigi Fuca'), who died in the town on 2 September 1831 Act No 182):

These records look like they have faded over time. It doesn't make them easy reading at the moment.

Angela
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote: 02 Nov 2017, 23:34 I have had another look with fresh eyes, and the only other two death acts mentioned which were included in the allegati, that I can see, are of Giovanna Cataia, first wife of the groom?,

I think you are right. It appears to say "prima sposa dello sposo".

Kevin
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
brogie62
Elite
Elite

Post by brogie62 »

It appears that Calogero Puma and Giovanna Cataia had at least one child
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 7.06.45 PM.png
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

brogie62 wrote: 03 Nov 2017, 00:08 It appears that Calogero Puma and Giovanna Cataia had at least one child
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Calogero Puma did have a first wife and a child with her - the same ones that were posted here. Thank you for the new information on the Fuca side of the family. I'm a bit surprised that the same level of information was not given for the Puma side.

I'm also surprised that my last few requests were answered by notification on this website only. In the past, I also received email notification, but I am not seeing that anymore. I haven't changed my profile, so I'm wondering what changed.

Ron
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Happy to help. It's great that they included the dates of death in the allegati, so it was easy to find the actual death records. Unfortunately the actual allegati are not on line for this year.

A couple of months ago, I also was no longer wads receiving email notifications, so I emailed Edmondo, but he didn't have time to look into it at the time as he was going away or something, and asked me to get back to him. What I did was I changed my email address on my profile and that fixed it. As soon as I did that I began receiving email notifications again. If you have another email address, you may like to try that. Otherwise, maybe send a message to Edmondo or start up a separate thread to establish whether other people are having the same issue.

Angela :)
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

On the death act of Luigi Fuca that Angela provided above - here is the link again -

there is a handwritten note on the top of the document. I think it is saying that Luigi Fuca was married to a Carmina Rosina and also a Paola Rosina (perhaps sisters). Is that correct? Is there any other genealogical information in that note?

Also, the year of death seems to be 1832, not 1831.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

rp76226 wrote: 04 Nov 2017, 17:44 On the death act of Luigi Fuca that Angela provided above - here is the link again -

there is a handwritten note on the top of the document. I think it is saying that Luigi Fuca was married to a Carmina Rosina and also a Paola Rosina (perhaps sisters). Is that correct? Is there any other genealogical information in that note?

Also, the year of death seems to be 1832, not 1831.
The note says that Luigi Fucà was married to Carmela Rosina and not to Paola Rosina (as wrongly reported in the act).
"Con Sentenza del Tribunale di Girgenti del dì 27 luglio 1883 il sottoscritto atto venne così rettificato Che invece di dirsi che Fucà Luigi era marito di Rosina Carmela, erroneamente venne detto marito di Rosina Paola
Girgenti 9 Agosto 1883"

The year of death is 1831.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Hi Ron,

Are you researching Fuca' in Racalmuto now? I have some Fuca' ancestors from Aragona and I'm interested to see if there is a connection.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

I have 10 Fuca's on my Tree (from the 1700s and 1800s) of 45,000+ people. They are from Racalmuto. One of them, Santa Fuca, in 1837 married a Puma, Calogero Puma, who is very distantly related to me. I have 440 Puma's on my Tree. My Puma family originated from Racalmuto, Sicily. If you are subscribed to Ancestry.com, though my Tree is private, you should still be able to see deceased members on my Tree - Puma Tree Most Current.