Assist needed Rosario Incognito death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Assist needed Rosario Incognito death

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I am still working hard on my research. Just when I thought I couldn't find anything else, I find this record of a death of Rosario Incognito, who is the son of my great-grandparents, Carmela Cappadona and Rosario Incognito. I found that death record in Patti, Messina, Sicily.

Here is the link #77: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946858

Information I have been able to translate:

Date: June 2, 1902

Name of Deceased: Rosario Incognito

Age of Deceased: 9 months, 17 days? I think!

Parents: Carmela Cappadona and the late Rosario Incognito.

To confirm I wanted to find his birth record which would be Oct. 1901 (if I got his age at death correct). However, I have the confirmed death date of the father, Rosario Incognito as December 21, 1900. If all of this information is correct could Rosario really be his father?

All comments and help would be appreciated. I have looked through different years for his birth record, but I cannot find. I thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Sue Antista
Italianbella SA
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Assist needed Rosario Incognito death

Post by Tessa78 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 02:29 Hi Everyone:

I am still working hard on my research. Just when I thought I couldn't find anything else, I find this record of a death of Rosario Incognito, who is the son of my great-grandparents, Carmela Cappadona and Rosario Incognito. I found that death record in Patti, Messina, Sicily.

Here is the link #77: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946858

Information I have been able to translate:

Date: June 2, 1902. yes

Name of Deceased: Rosario Incognito. Yes

Age of Deceased: 9 months, 17 days? I think! yes

Parents: Carmela Cappadona and the late Rosario Incognito. Yes

To confirm I wanted to find his birth record which would be Oct. 1901 (if I got his age at death correct). However, I have the confirmed death date of the father, Rosario Incognito as December 21, 1900. If all of this information is correct could Rosario really be his father? I would think yes. The child was mostly likely conceived at least 18 months prior to the date of death which would be about 2 December 1900.

All comments and help would be appreciated. I have looked through different years for his birth record, but I cannot find. I thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Sue Antista
Italianbella SA
T.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you Tessa. I cannot find his birth record. I've check all different years around the time period. Do you think it could be in another town? However, I do believe it said he was born in Patti. Where else can I look to confirm?
Thanks.
Sue
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 16:58 Thank you Tessa. I cannot find his birth record. I've check all different years around the time period. Do you think it could be in another town? However, I do believe it said he was born in Patti. Where else can I look to confirm?
Thanks.
Sue
Yes, Sue, I searched as well without success.
The birth records for Patti for years 1901 and 1902 are missing. I also checked the antenati and ancestry sites and neither has Patti births in the 1900s.

Your best option at this point would be to write directly to the Comune of Patti to request the birth act of Rosario Incognito.

T.