Some questions about a marriage record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
estag

Some questions about a marriage record

Post by estag » 09 Aug 2018, 23:20

Hello everyone, I have this marriage record from a parish in Chiavari. Originally, I needed it for my GGGF (I'm doing a Jure sanguinis through him), but know I've been requested the birth certificate of my GGGM, so I would like to extract some information of her from here.

Her name is Angela Vaccarezza, and then I'm not very sure about her age and her parents name. Also, in one line it says "Parrochie d San Quirico". Do you know if that means that she was born in that parish? Because in the Giovanni Battista line for "Parrocchie d" it says San Michele, and I know for sure he was born in that church.

Any extra information will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Matrimonio.jpeg

bbivona
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Some questions about a marriage record

Post by bbivona » 10 Aug 2018, 00:16

On November 25, 1852 in the parish of San Quirico di Gioarola, Comune di Carano, having done the normal three publications in the parish of San Quirico di Giarola, in the presence of the undersigned pastor,
Marriage was celebrated in the mother church between Giambattista Solari, age 25, native of this town, domiciled in this town, San Michele parish, son of Andrea Solari (deceased) and Paolina Livellaro (living) domiciled in this town

and Angela Vaccarezza age 23, native of Gioarola, domiciled in Gioarola, parish of San Quirico, daughter of Nicolò Vacarezza (deceased) and Cattarina Arata (deceased).

Witness Emanuele Solari (son of Andrea) age 46, and Antonio Vacarezza, age 39, son of Nicolò Vacarezza (deceased). With the consent of Paolina Livellano, mother of the husband and of Antonio Vacarezza, older brother of the wife.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra

bbivona
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bbivona » 10 Aug 2018, 17:45

I just reviewed what I translated. I looked again at the name of the parish and it should be San Quirico di Rivarola and the comune is Carasco. So, the translation with corrected place names should be:

On November 25, 1852 in the parish of San Quirico di Rivarola, Comune di Carasco, having done the normal three publications in the parish of San Quirico di Rivarola, in the presence of the undersigned pastor,

Marriage was celebrated in the mother church between Giambattista Solari, age 25, native of Rivarola, domiciled in Rivarola, San Michele parish, son of Andrea Solari (deceased) and Paolina Livellaro (living) domiciled in Rivarola

and Angela Vaccarezza age 23, native of Rivarola, domiciled in Rivarola, parish of San Quirico, daughter of Nicolò Vacarezza (deceased) and Cattarina Arata (deceased).

Witness Emanuele Solari (son of Andrea) age 46, and Antonio Vacarezza, age 39, son of Nicolò Vacarezza (deceased). With the consent of Paolina Livellano, mother of the husband and of Antonio Vacarezza, older brother of the wife.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra

estag

Post by estag » 11 Aug 2018, 06:30

awesome, now I'll try to get in touch with the priest of San Quirico to get Angela's baptism record.

thank you so much for this!

mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno » 11 Aug 2018, 13:55

Parrocchia
San Quirico in Rivarola
Indirizzo: Via San Giuseppe, 9 – , 16042 Carasco (GE)
Tel: 0185.380201

Sacerdote Enrico Dondero

Dati Anagrafici
Luogo di nascita: Moconesi (GE)
Data di nascita: 03/12/1945
Data ordinazione: 17/05/1970
Indirizzo: Via G.B. Carozzo, 3 – , 16030 Cogorno (GE) ITALY
Tel: 0185.380661
Email: dg50@tiscali.it
Note:
Parroco di S. Nicolò di Paggi, di S.Quirico di Rivarola e di S. Eufemiano di Graveglia

estag

Post by estag » 12 Aug 2018, 22:00

mmogno wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 13:55
Parrocchia
San Quirico in Rivarola
Indirizzo: Via San Giuseppe, 9 – , 16042 Carasco (GE)
Tel: 0185.380201

Sacerdote Enrico Dondero

Dati Anagrafici
Luogo di nascita: Moconesi (GE)
Data di nascita: 03/12/1945
Data ordinazione: 17/05/1970
Indirizzo: Via G.B. Carozzo, 3 – , 16030 Cogorno (GE) ITALY
Tel: 0185.380661
Email: dg50@tiscali.it
Note:
Parroco di S. Nicolò di Paggi, di S.Quirico di Rivarola e di S. Eufemiano di Graveglia
Funny story (not so much actually), I spoke with the priest Enrico a few months ago, while I was looking for the marriage record I posted above. First I tried with those phone numbers but they never answered, so I improvise a little and got into a Facebook group from that town Carasco asking if someone knew the priest. Some guy gave me his cellphone and I decided to call him to explain him that I was looking for that document. It might have been my broken Italian or the fact that he was being called by a stranger (with a very broken Italian) to his personal cellphone, but thing is, Enrico was not pleased at all. I don't know exactly what he said, but he seemed very pissed. I ended up getting the record on the Diocesi later.

I think I will try my luck with a letter this time.