I am so impressed with " Saunj "

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: I am so impressed with " Saunj "

Post by nuccia »

Oh Sammie..

I'm soooo sorry...! :cry: :cry: I knew there was a reason this post jumped out at me but I couldn't place it...I just needed to put it back up...

Please know my thoughts are with you and your family..

nuccia
Sammie

Post by Sammie »

Thank you so much Nuccia...Like I said I am happy now that she is at peace knowing her family is all together now... Hoping to get to Italy next year to meet them all. I am sure it will be a very happy and at the same time a sad reunion.

Sammie
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Sammie
My heart went out to you when I read your reply to Nuccia's post.
But wasn't it a blessing in diguise that this Forum, with all these kind people were there to help you find your relations in time.
Nuccia said:-
Today I was looking over old posts and came across this one and could resist the urge to bring it to the top.
Makes one wonder why Nuccia felt like that-'God works in odd ways.'

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.
God Bless
Emmy
Sammie

Post by Sammie »

:( amost as if they knew. I was just a t my sisters place tonight...she handed me all of my family's papers ie; birth certif. death certif. All original papers from when they were born till death. Now I can do some more research on my family tree. I even have my grandparents marriage cert...dated Sept 11 1916....My anniversary is Sept 12th.

Sammie
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Sammie, I'm so pleased that you were given all those documents, I know you will treasure them, it makes such a difference. I dont know if you feel the same, but when you do find a birth act or a marriage certificate, when you read them it seems to bring those ancestors closer to you as though you really knew them in real life.
Right now I'm working to find my grandparent's marriage certifcate, after a long search I'm almost there, but I'd never have mangaged to get this far without the help from friends on this forum.
(Your grandparents married Sep.11th, your anniversay Sept.12th, mine is Sept.13th.)

Another thing I discovered:-My late husband, my daughter and my great grandmother all had the same birthdate. I only found her records a few weeks ago, but over 40 years ago the name we chose for our first daughter (just a name we liked) turns out to be my greatgrandmother's second name. You can just imagine how I felt when I discovered that. Coincidence - I just don't know.
God Bless
Emmy
ally
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ally »

I felt the need to say thanks to all that helped me in my quest for family.

Suanj was the 1st one to start helping me. From her I have met many wonderful people on this forum.

This forums helpers also led me to Trish. She has gotten papers I thought I could never get. Hats off to a wonderful researcher, who also goes that little extra - no questions asked. Her services offer many an opportunity to find that wealth of info just waiting to be found!!!!

Maria, Trish,Wldspirit, Nuccia, Joyce, Ricbru and anyone else I may have forgotten. I appreciate all you have done.

If I listed all that I have been in contact with, I would be here all day.
You all have helped me in ways words cannot describe.

I looked for years for a arrival for my gram and one day someone here found it for me. With her help and advice from others they all worked together to help me out.

I try to help or offer info on what I can, knowing it is some small help. Trusting that the other people of this forum will pitch in also.

This forum is by far the best due to the never ending help from all. Suanj and all you wonderful people I give many thanks also. Edmondo also for starting this great site!!!

Ally - MY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU :D :D
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

A heartfelt Thank you Ally.....given the recent insults and false accusations by that of another poster, it is nice to be acknowledged for my contribution to this forum, and I'm sure Suanj echos the sentiment.
wldspirit
Sammie

Post by Sammie »

1,00000000000000000 kudos to all who have gone the extra mile to help people they don't even know!!! I knew that this forum had a special "something" :)) I am so very happy just knowing that you have all made the effort to help me find my Italian Family. My mother was just so happy..god bless her. I miss her so very much.

Sammie :wink:
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Going the xtra mile....made me smile Sammie.........take a look at our
Gertrude post....we started with nothing!! but in the end we reunited a family.....a mother and son seperated by time and many years...it still amazes me.......the group effort was outstanding.....

it's nice to hear succes stories, and tho yours is somewhat bittersweet.....
you will always know in the end you gave your mother something very special.....

wldspirit
Sammie

Post by Sammie »

Thank you so much....I guess that I was holding in. I also have a foster home and with the boys I have here running away and keeping me up all night I haven't had time to grieve or have a moment to myself. Thanks for the few minutes of relief I get when I am in here...I don't mean to vent and make everybody miserable. BUT...I am so happy to have you all here....like little guardian angles.

Take Care

and keep intouch :))
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Angels? No...you are the Angel......one of God's chosen ones...to open your home to children in need is the most unselfish act one could do......
we do this for the love of genealogy and is small potatoes compared to your work.....but remember.........everyone needs time for themselves.....
wldspirit