I need Help reading Italian Military record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
daisy20

I need Help reading Italian Military record

Post by daisy20 » 08 Dec 2018, 17:26

I need help reading my great grandfather's italian military records. Can someone help me?

Christine

bbivona
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I need Help reading Italian Military record

Post by bbivona » 08 Dec 2018, 18:54

Can you upload a copy of post a link to it?
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra

daisy20

Post by daisy20 » 08 Dec 2018, 20:52

Hi, there's no link. I have a copy of the scan on my computer. Can you give me your email address and I will send you an attachment.

Thanks,

Christine

bbivona
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bbivona » 09 Dec 2018, 00:49

daisy20 wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 20:52
Hi, there's no link. I have a copy of the scan on my computer. Can you give me your email address and I will send you an attachment.

Thanks,

Christine
The best thing is to upload an attachment to the site. When you're typing your post, look below, and there is an "options" tab and an "attachments" tab. If you click the "attachments" tab, there is a button to click for "add files". If you upload your file with that feature, you get the benefit of the group's expertise, rather than just a single user's. With old handwriting and obscure locations, having the group's expertise is often a big help. You could also send a document as an attachment via private message to a particular user in the same way, without uploading it to the forum, and without having to have e-mail addresses.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra