Costabile Giuseppa Birth Full Translation Request

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
fairhilleng
Rookie
Rookie

Costabile Giuseppa Birth Full Translation Request

Post by fairhilleng »

I would greatly appreciate a full translation of the attached birth record of Giuseppa Costabile of Calvanico, Salerno, Italy. I would also like to understand the notes that have been added to the record and what may be found by locating any referenced documents.
Thank you,
Attachments
Nati 1884 37 Costabile Giuseppa.jpg
Searching: Termini-Imerese : Mascari, Lazzaro, Cecala, Foppiano, Montemurro
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Costabile Giuseppa Birth Full Translation Request

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth No 37: Giuseppa Costabile

Birth Registered in Calvanico: 11 October 1884, 9.20 am,

Appearing was Antonia Gismondi, 64 yo, midwife, living in Calvanico. She reported that at 7.11 am, on 11 October 1884, in the house in Capocalvanico (Capo Calvanico), from Rosa D'Auria, a peasant, the legitimate wife of Angelo Costabile, a farm hand, living in the said town, was born a baby girl who he presented to the official, and gave the name Giuseppa.

(The other people mentioned there are just the witnesses to the birth registration.)

First Annotation: 8 March 1909 marries Luigi Giordano – annotated on 7 October 1910

Second Annotation: Died 14 June 1962 in the town of Calvanico, Death Act No 6, Part I S II

BTW: When requesting translations, if the records are online, please link us to that online record, rather than an attachment of a record which you have downloaded from a site. Thanks.

Angela
fairhilleng
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fairhilleng »

Angela,
Thank you very much! The first annotation does not match the marriage record name of groom. We understand Angelo Michele Conforti married Giuseppa Costabile on 11 September 1909. Hopefully you may view this marriage record within my other May 15 post. The second annotation matches our records.
Thank you again.
Searching: Termini-Imerese : Mascari, Lazzaro, Cecala, Foppiano, Montemurro
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

fairhilleng wrote: 16 May 2019, 12:30 Angela,
Thank you very much! The first annotation does not match the marriage record name of groom. We understand Angelo Michele Conforti married Giuseppa Costabile on 11 September 1909. Hopefully you may view this marriage record within my other May 15 post. The second annotation matches our records.
Thank you again.
You are very welcome for the translation.

I've had a look at the 1909 marriage record which has been translated for you. Luigi Giordano was the official, not the groom, and the date of marriage was 11 February 1909, not 8 March 1909, so except for the year, the first annotation on this birth record is completely incorrect. Sometimes clerical errors are made with annotations. I'm glad you found the correct marriage record and have had it translated.

Angela