San Paolo Bel Sito, Campania

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

San Paolo Bel Sito, Campania

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I think I found my Aunt Rose Belfiore's mother. I have been looking for a while under the name of Anna L. Allaco. She married a Pellegrino Belfiore from Monteforte Irpino, Avellino, Italy and settled in Hoboken, NJ. I could not find her immigration under Anna Allaco. However, I did find a draft registration for Pellegrino Belfiore and wife was listed as Speranza (her first name). I did find a Speranza Allocco immigrate with her aunt (Maria Vecchione) and brothers on November 7, 1912. San Paolo Bel Sito was listed as where they lived before coming to the U.S. Does anyone know if I can find any records for this town? I do believe this must be her because it lists Hoboken, NJ as a destination.

https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/74 ... _1971-0332

Thank you in advance.

Sue Visaggio Antista
Italianbella SA
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
bbivona
Master
Master

Re: San Paolo Bel Sito, Campania

Post by bbivona »

Here are the family search catalog records. Unfortunately these can only be viewed at Family History Centers.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Re: San Paolo Bel Sito, Campania

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you. That's what I thought. The Antenati site, hopefully, will get the records out also.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA