Help with answer to question regarding old Latin marriage records in Piverone

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Help with answer to question regarding old Latin marriage records in Piverone

Post by jrbak »

Good Afternoon,
I would appreciate someone looking at this page on the URL and tell me if they concur or not as to pages missing.
The book goes from 1627 to 1641 on the next page.

I noticed however in looking at the prior pages, these are bound together with small knots as one but when you get to this page, it is separated like pages have been eliminated? It shows Water damage at the top so I was thinking that perhaps some pages were badly damaged and could not be copied. The handwriting is different too although that is not unusual.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=442795

I would truly appreciate your input.
Jefferie (jrbak)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Help with answer to question regarding old Latin marriage records in Piverone

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Yes, I agree. Great spotting, Jefferie. As you go along from 1641, you'll notice that some of the other pages are almost hanging by a few threads. Wonderful to have access to such old books.

Angela
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with answer to question regarding old Latin marriage records in Piverone

Post by jrbak »

Dear Angela,
Thank you so much as this confirms that I will not be able to find the marriage record for Nob Giovanni Battista Negro- Nigri but I do think I found his death record; I posted today so we will see; if so this places his birth 70 yrs. so I should be able to find his birth record, Yeah! abt. 1608 or so. I keep plugging along with all of yours and others help. Thanks again!!
Grazie,
Jefferie (jrbak)