Assistance with #31 Latin birth record, 1809 of Giovanni Lorenzo Bertola

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Assistance with #31 Latin birth record, 1809 of Giovanni Lorenzo Bertola

Post by jrbak »

Hello again,
I have quite a number of Bertola birth records today which I would very much appreciate some one looking at to correct or make additions to the record. I am so grateful for everyone's assistance.

#31 the 7th day of March 1809 in the same parish,

Giovanni Lorenzo Bertola legitimate and natural son of Lorenzo from Giuseppe and Maria from Antonio Olearo, spouses Bertola, born and baptized the same or the following day (? pridie natus) from Francesco Fiera? Godfather was Antonio from ? Begala and Caterina wife of Lorenzo Olearo.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=442795

Best Regards,
Jefferie (jrbak)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Assistance with #31 Latin birth record, 1809 of Giovanni Lorenzo Bertola

Post by liviomoreno »

baptized the 7th, born the 6th (pridie=previous day)
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Post by jrbak »

Dear liveomoreno,
Thank you very much for the correction on pridie natus. I am writing all of these terms down in a notebook so I can refer back from time to time when I forget.
Thanks,
Jefferie (jrbak)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

jrbak wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 23:47 Dear liveomoreno,
Thank you very much for the correction on pridie natus. I am writing all of these terms down in a notebook so I can refer back from time to time when I forget.
Thanks,
Jefferie (jrbak)
Happy to help and...
...also write down that I am liviomoreno not liveomoreno :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Post by jrbak »

Dear Liviomoreno,
Thank you for correcting me on your name; I am sorry but I see you have a good sense of humor too. I am a female but everyone has a good time with my boyish name, Jefferie. I was named after an uncle. I am always getting the Baratto-Boratto name confused and several others too. Angela always tells me to slow down!
Best Regards,
Jefferie or Jeff
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

When I saw Jefferie I thought about a female, then I was confused by Jeff, that is tipical masculine. My conclusion was that you were a couple!
Ciao,
Livio (this is my actual given name, Moreno is the surname)
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Post by jrbak »

Dear Livio,
Thanks for your comments; my friends call me Jeff for a shortened version or Jefferie but I go by either. I thought your surname was Moreno and your given name Livio, too. I started calling everyone by their profile name when I first started on italiangeneaology.com but I now see people that have been on the forums awhile go by their first names so I thought it was OK to do this as well unless I am not certain. Have a good evening.
Jefferie