Help with death act in processetti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Biff83
Master
Master

Help with death act in processetti

Post by Biff83 » 09 Nov 2019, 18:29

I am looking for information on this handwritten death for Giuseppe Masucci. From other documents, I know is son Emmanuale was born in the town of Palermo; his wife was Marianna Cardella. His son served in the army in the Kingdom of Two Sicilies and was stationed in Naples.
I am trying to determine when Giuseppe died, where he died, what parish recorded his death, his parents, any other genealogical data on this record.

As always, thanks in advance.

Biff
Attachments
GiuseppeMarsuccideath.jpg
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help with death act in processetti

Post by liviomoreno » 10 Nov 2019, 08:03

Parish San Nicola
1819 December 2
Death of Giuseppe Masucci, husband on Maria Anna, aged 73.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 » 10 Nov 2019, 17:07

Biff83 wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 18:29
I am looking for information on this handwritten death for Giuseppe Masucci. From other documents, I know is son Emmanuale was born in the town of Palermo; his wife was Marianna Cardella. His son served in the army in the Kingdom of Two Sicilies and was stationed in Naples.
I am trying to determine when Giuseppe died, where he died, what parish recorded his death, his parents, any other genealogical data on this record.

As always, thanks in advance.

Biff
Hi Biff :-)

I noticed that the death record copy was dated 1858 from the Superintendent of War, Gennaro del Chiaro.
Perhaps a look at his military record could give you a clue to his place of death. Not sure if there are military records available for this timeframe, though. :-(

T.

Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 » 11 Nov 2019, 17:06

Thanks, T. and Livio.

Giuseppe Masucci was the grandfather of Alfonsa Masucci who married Francesco Paolo Colonnello, a corporal in the 2nd Dragoon Regiment. This was part of their processetti. Alfonsa's father Emmanele also served in the army.
I am trying to trace the Masucci line back further in the town of Palermo since the record came from the Church of San Nicola in the Albergheria section of Palermo. Unfortunately, I cannot locate any online church records for that Church.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"