Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
cypercat

Help

Post by cypercat »

Hello to all,
New to board and I hope someone could help me translate some papers. My father in law found these in a suitcase and wanted them translated. I will type it in exactly as it looks like in the newspaper article. I hope someone can translate. I tried babelfish but it didn't make any sense.

Here goes -

Apprendiamo che la famiglia del fratello Sig.Alessandro Di Tullio, attivo Venerabile della benemerita Loggia Cincinnatus No. 1191, e stata allietata dalla nascita di una bellissima bimba, la dodicesima della serie.

Sia la neonata che la puerpera godono ottima salute.

Nel mentre facciamo i nostri migliori auguri alla Neonata ci congratuliamo vivamente con il fratello Venerabile Sig. Alessandro Di Tullio per la sua instancabile attivita che lo stesso svolge continuamentem, in cooperazinone con tutti i bravi Fratelli della Loggia Cincinnatus perche la Colonia Italian locale si unisca e marci compatta e forte sulla via del progresso e dell'affermazione,

Il Sig. Alessandro Di Tullio e molto stimato e benvoluta in colonia, onesto lavoratore e padre esemplarem di animo altamente patriottico tanto che fu molte volte in diretta corrispondenza con S. E. Benito Mussolini, Primo Ministro d'Italia, prima e dopo l'ascesa al potere per la grandezza dell'Italia nostra.

Thanks for your help
mmcarbonhill

Re: Help

Post by mmcarbonhill »

We have learned that the family of our Brother Mr. Alessandro Di Tullio, a venerable member of our worthy Lodge Cincinnatus Not. 1191, is to be cheered for the birth of one beautiful child, the twelfth child of the family. She is a baby who enjoys optimal health. So we make our best wishes to the baby and we give lively congratulations to worthy brother Mr. Alexander Di attivita Tullio for his untiring and continuous cooperation with all the good Brothers of the Cincinnatus Lodge in our local Italian Colony. The Lodge operates closely and strongly toward progress and affirms that Mr. Alexander Di Tullio is highly estimated and liked in the Colony, an honest worker and exemplary father, highly patriotic, and many times has been called by Benito Mussolini, First Minister d' Italy, to serve ably for the greatness of our Italy.

Or something like that..... hope this helps.
cypercat

Re: Help

Post by cypercat »

Thank you very much - this makes much more sense than what I had come up with.