Translation help please - Gugliotta birth certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TerryP

Translation help please - Gugliotta birth certificate

Post by TerryP »

I have been able to translate most of the birth certificate for Francesca Gugliotta, but am having trouble with some areas. Can someone please check my translation and fill in where I've put xxx? Also, what does "di condizione" mean in this context? Thank you. Terry

Original document at:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613

Translation:

PROVINCE OF PALERMO MUNICIPALITY OF TERMINI IMERESE
MARITAL STATUS OFFICE ORDER NUMBER

Extracted from the registers of the birth records for the year 1800

ORDER NUMBER 63

Deed of birth of Francesca Gugliotta

The year 1872, the 21st day of the month of January at 4:00 p.m. in the Municipal House in front of me, Antonio of Covera (?), Mayor and officer of civil statute of the Municipality of Termini-Imerese, District of Termini-Imerese, Provence of Palermo, appeared Domenico Gugliotta di Antonino, age 31, di condizione xxx, living in and a resident of Termini who presented a baby girl he claims was born on the 19th day of the month above on the year above at 4:00 p.m. from his wife Stefana Mantia di Gaetano, age 26, living in her home located in the Municipality of xxx, which daughter he declares to name Francesca Gugliotta.

The aforementioned declaration was made in the presence of Andrea Mercurio di Giuseppe, age 50, di condizione xxx, and of Pietro ??? ???, age 50, di condizione xxx, both living and residents of Termini-Imerese. Witnesses selected by the declarant himself, who after having read this same document at the same time on the two original registers have declared xxxxxx

Certified copy issued today 7 March 1890. Issued free of charge to the party because they are poor as shown in the certificate of the delegate of P.S. on the date 3 March 1890.

Mayor
(signature)

Confirmed
Officer in Charge
(signature)

mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Translation help please - Gugliotta birth certificate

Post by mmogno »

TerryP wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 00:25
I have been able to translate most of the birth certificate for Francesca Gugliotta, but am having trouble with some areas. Can someone please check my translation and fill in where I've put xxx?
Also, what does "di condizione" mean in this context? Whose occupation is

Thank you. Terry

Original document at:

Translation:

CIVIL STATUS OFFICE ORDER NUMBER

ORDER NUMBER 63

The year 1872, the 21st day of the month of January at 4:00 p.m. in the Municipal House in front of me, Antonio of Covera (?), Mayor and officer of civil statute of the Municipality of Termini-Imerese, District of Termini-Imerese, Provence of Palermo, appeared Domenico Gugliotta di Antonino, age 31, di condizione misuratore, living in and a resident of Termini who presented a baby girl he claims was born on the 19th day of the month above on the year above at 4:00 p.m. from his wife Stefana Mantia di Gaetano, age 26, living in her home located in "Vico Demma" of the Municipality, which daughter he declares to name Francesca Gugliotta.

The aforementioned declaration was made in the presence of Andrea Mercurio, son of deceased Giuseppe, age 50, di condizione facchino = porter, and of Pietro ??? ???, age 50, di condizione facchino = porter, both living and residents of Termini-Imerese. Witnesses selected by the declarant himself, who, after listening to the reading of the act written in two registers, did not sign it because they were illiterate, as well as the declarant.

Certified copy issued today 7 March 1890. Issued free of charge to the party because they are poor as shown in the certificate of the delegate of Pubblica Sicurezza (police) on the date 3 March 1890.

Mayor
(signature)

Confirmed
Officer in Charge
(signature)

TerryP

Post by TerryP »

Thank you so much. Your help is much appreciated!

TerryP

Post by TerryP »

One more question, can you tell me what the occupation "misuratore" is? Meter reader?

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

mmogno wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 19:29
TerryP wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 00:25
I have been able to translate most of the birth certificate for Francesca Gugliotta, but am having trouble with some areas. Can someone please check my translation and fill in where I've put xxx?
Also, what does "di condizione" mean in this context? Whose occupation is

Thank you. Terry

Original document at:

Translation:

CIVIL STATUS OFFICE ORDER NUMBER

ORDER NUMBER 63

The year 1872, the 21st day of the month of January at 4:00 p.m. in the Municipal House in front of me, Antonio of Covera (?), Mayor and officer of civil statute of the Municipality of Termini-Imerese, District of Termini-Imerese, Provence of Palermo, appeared Domenico Gugliotta son of Antonino, age 31, di condizione misuratore, living in and a resident of Termini who presented a baby girl he claims was born on the 19th day of the month above on the year above at 4:00 p.m. from his wife Stefana Mantia daughter of Gaetano, age 26, living in her home located in "Vico Demma" of the Municipality, which daughter he declares to name Francesca Gugliotta.

The aforementioned declaration was made in the presence of Andrea Mercurio, son of deceased Giuseppe, age 50, di condizione facchino = porter, and of Pietro ??? ???, age 50, di condizione facchino = porter, both living and residents of Termini-Imerese. Witnesses selected by the declarant himself, who, after listening to the reading of the act written in two registers, did not sign it because they were illiterate, as well as the declarant.

Certified copy issued today 7 March 1890. Issued free of charge to the party because they are poor as shown in the certificate of the delegate of Pubblica Sicurezza (police) on the date 3 March 1890.

Mayor
(signature)

Confirmed
Officer in Charge
(signature)

mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

TerryP wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 23:42
One more question, can you tell me what the occupation "misuratore" is? Meter reader?
Surveyor
https://books.google.it/books?id=XmQ-DQ ... re&f=false