Francesco Cappadona & Caterina Napoli Marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Francesco Cappadona & Caterina Napoli Marriage

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone: I do hope everyone is healthy. I have more time to do researching now that we are in self-quarantine.

I am trying to translate the marriage record of Francesco Cappadona & Caterina Napoli. This would be the brother of my great-grandmother. Here is the link:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946858

I have been able to translate the following (please correct any errors or add anything important that I could not read):

Date: Sept. 23, 1894, Librizzi

Groom: Francesco Cappadona, age 24, born in Librizzi, son of Carmelo Cappadona (living in Montagnareale and the late Vennera Matafu, was a resident of Montagnareale. Living in Oliveri?

Bride: Caterina Napoli, age 24, daughter of the late Santo and Carmela Salimeri.

I thought I had all the siblings and just heard about Francesco. I can't seem to find his birth in the family search records for Librizzi.

I thank you in advance for your time and any assistance.

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Francesco Cappadona & Caterina Napoli Marriage

Post by liviomoreno »

Date: Sept. 23, 1894, Librizzi - Marriage transcription:

Date of Marriage: Sep 20, 1894 - Oliveri

Groom: Francesco Cappadona, age 24, born in Librizzi, living in Oliveri son of Carmelo Cappadona (living in Montagnareale) and the late Vennera Metafu, was a resident of Montagnareale.

Bride: Caterina Napoli, age 24, born and living in Oliveri, daughter of the late Santo and living Carmela Salimeri.

Link to actual marriage record in Oliveri:

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you Livio! I found, what I think is a birth record for Francesco Cappadona. Here is the link:

I think it is dated 1894 for the birth. However, the side bar lists a marriage to Caterina Napoli. I'm not sure what this is.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

May 29 1894, this is a late registration of Francesco Cappadona's birth.
On May 25 1894 Carmelo Cappadona declared that on March 28 1870 his wife (now deceased) Vennera Matafu gave birth to a male baby named Francesco.
Side note, dated Sep 23 1894:
On Sep 21 1894 Francesco Cappadona married Caterina Napoli, daughter of dec Santo and Carmela Salimeri