Would some kind person help translate please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Emmy
Master
Master

Would some kind person help translate please

Post by Emmy »

Hi everyone,
Could some kind person translate the following into Italian for me please.I have already sent an email and a letter to the comune using the 'google translation' but doing the reverse it didnt seem to make sense. Perhaps if they understood what I was asking I'd maybe get a reply this time.
Dear Sir/Madam
I read about the Istituzione"Casa dell'Emigrante" in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido on the internet and hope you will be able to give me some information.
My grandparents were born in Sant'Elia and were married there about 1881. They later left there to come to England. (My father was born in England in 1887) I am trying to find out how they travelled to England and when they first arrived there.
At that time did people need any kind of documentation if they were leaving the town, and were any records kept relating to this?
On my grandmother's birth act after the baptismal record (she was born in 1861) there are two dates-one 1881 which I think is the year she married because my grandfathers name is there too and another date 1884 could this date be a record of when they left the parish?
There names were Giovanni Battista De Filippis and Francesca m.s. Bastianiello they also had a son Francesco, born in Sant'Elia about 1883.
I would be very grateful for any help you could give me.
Yours sincerely

p.s. This following is the address on the 'heading' on their 'site' does it seem ok?
Istituzione "Casa dell"Emigrante"
via 4 novembre 03049
Sant'Elia Fiumerapido FR
Italy

I know I am asking a lot but I would be very grateful if someone would help me.
Many Thanks
Emmy
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Would some kind person help translate please

Post by ricbru »

Hello Emmy,
here there is the translation

via 4 novembre
cap 03049
Sant'Elia Fiumerapido (FR)
Italy

"Egregio signore, gentile signora,
sono venuto a conoscenza dell' Istituzione "Casa dell'Emigrante" di Sant'Elia fiumerapido attraveso internet e spero voi possiate aiutarmi nel concedermi qualche informazione.
I miei nonni sono nati a Sant'Elia fiumerapido e si sono sposati li circa nel 1881. Più tardi lasciarono il paese per emigrare in Inghilterra. (Mio padre è nato in inghilterra nel 1887).
Sto cercando di sapere con quali mezzi hanno viaggiato e quando loro sono arrivati in Inghilterra.
In quel tempo, le persone avevano bisogno di un qualunque documento che dimostrasse l'allontanamento dal paese, ed esiste una documentazione in vostro possesso in merito a ciò?
Sull'atto di nascita di mia nonna,oltre che nell'atto di battesimo (lei nacque nel 1861) ci sono due date. Una, il 1881 che io credo sia l'anno del suo matrimonio, perchè trovo il nome di mio nonno, l'altro, il 1884, potrebbe essere l'anno in cui si sono allontanati dalla parrocchia?
I loro nomi sono Giovanni Battista De Filippis e Francesca Bastianiello, loro hanno avuto un figlio, Francesco, nato a sant'Elia Fiumerapido circa nel 1883.
Vi sarò veramente grato per qualunque aiuto voi vorreste darmi.
Distinti saluti

(your name and last name)"

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

Emmy wrote:Hi everyone,
Could some kind person translate the following into Italian for me please.I have already sent an email and a letter to the comune using the 'google translation' but doing the reverse it didnt seem to make sense. Perhaps if they understood what I was asking I'd maybe get a reply this time.
Dear Sir/Madam
I read about the Istituzione"Casa dell'Emigrante" in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido on the internet and hope you will be able to give me some information.
My grandparents were born in Sant'Elia and were married there about 1881. They later left there to come to England. (My father was born in England in 1887) I am trying to find out how they travelled to England and when they first arrived there.
At that time did people need any kind of documentation if they were leaving the town, and were any records kept relating to this?
On my grandmother's birth act after the baptismal record (she was born in 1861) there are two dates-one 1881 which I think is the year she married because my grandfathers name is there too and another date 1884 could this date be a record of when they left the parish?
There names were Giovanni Battista De Filippis and Francesca m.s. Bastianiello they also had a son Francesco, born in Sant'Elia about 1883.
I would be very grateful for any help you could give me.
Yours sincerely

p.s. This following is the address on the 'heading' on their 'site' does it seem ok?
via 4 novembre 03049
Sant'Elia Fiumerapido FR
Italy

I know I am asking a lot but I would be very grateful if someone would help me.
Many Thanks
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hello Riccardo :D
I just dont know how to thank you for your quick response. I really do appreciate you giving your time to do this for me. They give their email address as well so I think I'll send an email as well as a letter. I'll let you know if I get a reply from them. Fingers crossed.
God Bless

:D Emmy :D
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Dear Emmy,
it was my pleasure.
I would like to give you a suggestion.
Contact the priest of the parish your grandparents belonged to and request to have a copy of "Stato delle Anime".
In this document, that contains all the family members belonging to the parish, there is written, in the page of your grandparents family, when your grandparents left and to go where. Request the copy after 1883-1884-1885.
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Riccardo
That is a fantastic suggestion- it's just what I'm looking for.I've just been to the LDSHistory Centre today studying the films of my grandparents birth acts I dont understand it all but I'm beginning to be able to pick some parts out. Its so great being able to do this after trying for almost 30years without success. Once I manage to get copies emailed to 'jcsm' she said she would put them on a link on my post in 'Genealogy forum' (dont know how to post a link yet using imageshack-modern technology going too fast for me now!!
On the baptismal document it says 'parroci di San Biagio' I take that this is the name of the Parish. Will that still be the same today? How would I go about paying for this?
Thanks a million Riccardo
God Bless
Emmy
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Emmy,
yes there is still the church, and this is the address:

Reverendo padre
c/o Parrocchia di S. Biagio V.