Born at sea?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
MichaelSerchio
Rookie
Rookie

Born at sea?

Post by MichaelSerchio »

Hi,
I've read conflicting records that Carmelo Pellegrini (bottom left of the image) may have been born at sea. I've managed to locate his birth records, but I cannot read anything other than the dates and parents' names. Can anyone please tell me, does this record mention anything about being born at sea please?
Thanks very much,
Michael

Image citation:
"Italia, Lucca, Lucca, Stato Civile (Tribunale), 1866-1929," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... C350066302 : 22 May 2014), Lucca > Barga > Nati 1866-1887 > image 437 of 1845; Tribunale di Lucca (Lucca Court, Lucca).
Attachments
record-image_ (1).jpg

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Born at sea?

Post by Tessa78 »

No mention of being born at sea. He was born at home.

Dated 17 July 1870 at 9:30 AM in the town hall of Barga.
Before the official... appeared Luigi Pellegrini (son of Agostino), age 31, laborer residing in this town in the Tiglio section/neighborhood, to declare that at 2 PM on the 15th of July to his wife Giudetta Begni (of unknown father) residing with him at their home in the above place known as Giucheto(?), was born a male child to whom was given the name CARMELO GIOVANNI. The presentation of the child was dispensed with because of the distance. Witnesses to the declaration: Giuseppe Bonacorsi, 39, farmer; and Giovanni Nardi, 25, farmer.

T.