help with death cert translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JohnBhoy
Veteran
Veteran

help with death cert translation

Post by JohnBhoy »

Looking for help to translate a death cert...this is quite challenging as is a poor image with very faint text.

Entry 48, Listello.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=973032

Any info much appreciated,

John
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: help with death cert translation

Post by Tessa78 »

My best effort with this very faded record...

Dated 25 December 1881
Battista Listello, 29, farmer, Son of deceased Giacomo; and Alberto Luna(?), 35, tailor, Son of deceased Bartolomeo, both residents of Mocchie.
declared that yesterday in the house in Borgata Gazzina(?) #1, died Giacomo Listello, age 63, farmer, born in Mocchie to deceased Tommaso, and to deceased Domenica Bacci(?).
He was the widower of Maria Cecilia Bonando(?)

T.
JohnBhoy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JohnBhoy »

Thanks Tessa78,

Would this record be saying that Battista Listello is the son of the Giacomo that died the day before or another Giacomo?

I have a Giacomo Listello as an ancestor from the same town but he appears to have died before 1869 but was born around the same time as the one here, 1820 v 1818, according to other records. Perhaps cousins.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

No relationship is given in the record for Battista Listello (29) and Giacomo (the deceased) - though your inquiry crossed my mind. USUALLY, if there is a relationship, especially when it is a parent child relationship, it is mentioned in the record.

T.
JohnBhoy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JohnBhoy »

Many thanks again Tessa,
I may do searches for Battista now to find marriage or death records to see if they show up anything,

best regards,
John