Translation Help For A Birth Document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
demari18
Elite
Elite

Translation Help For A Birth Document

Post by demari18 »

I have found a birth record for my husband's great grandmother Maria Amalia Cimino. She was born in Marzano Appio March 13, 1840. I can see that her father's name was Nicola Cimino and her mother was Chiara Palumbo. I also can see the marriage information to Angelo Nardelli on October 22, 1870.

If possible please translate any other important information on this document. Seems to be some handwriting at the bottom of the page. I am attaching the link hoping that it will be clearer to be read. I had difficulty reading any of the document when I tried to enlarge it.

Thank you, DeMari

Any ideas on getting a clear document would be appreciated.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
bbivona
Master
Master

Re: Translation Help For A Birth Document

Post by bbivona »

March 14, 1840 before comune officials in Marzano Appio appeared Angelica di Sarro, age 60, midwife, domiciled in Marzano, who presented a male child and declared that it was born of Anna Maria Imondino, age 33, legitimate wife of Arcangelo Brandi, residing in Marzano, and of the aforesaid Arcangelo Brandi, age __, woodworker, on March 13 in their home. The child was given the name of Gregorio.

The notation in the right margin indicates that Gregorio was baptized on March 18.

Second page, left margin, June 7, 1897 In Marzano Gregorio married Antonia Luheghia?
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Thank you so much for the translation but unfortunately I am looking for any information that is on the page with the number 38 at the top having to do with the Cimino family. Sorry if I was not clear with my request. Again thank you for trying to assist me. DeMari
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

Sorry - just translated the first full document that came up. Here is the previous one.

March 14, 1840 before comune officials in Marzano Appio appeared Angelica di Sarro, age 60, midwife, domiciled in Marzano, who presented a female child and declared that it was born of Chiara Palumbo, age 32, legitimate wife of Nicola Cimino, farmer, domiciled in this comune, and of Nicola Cimino, age __, woodworker, residing in Marzano, domiciled with his wife, at 1 pm on March 13 in their home. The child was given the name of Maria Amalia.

The notation in the right margin indicates that Maria Amalia Cimino married Angelo Nardelli of _______ February 16, 1878. (I think the date that you cited is the date the official was granted his authority to act.)

The handwriting at the bottom of the second page indicates that it was signed by the local government officials but not the midwife/declarant and witnesses because they didn't know how to write.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

bbivona wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 03:55 Sorry - just translated the first full document that came up. Here is the previous one.

March 14, 1840 before comune officials in Marzano Appio appeared Angelica di Sarro, age 60, midwife, domiciled in Marzano, who presented a female child and declared that it was born of Chiara Palumbo, age 32, legitimate wife of Nicola Cimino, farmer, domiciled in this comune, and of Nicola Cimino, age __, woodworker, residing in Marzano, domiciled with his wife, at 1 pm on March 13 in their home. The child was given the name of Maria Amalia.

The notation in the right margin indicates that Maria Amalia Cimino married Angelo Nardelli of _______ February 16, 1878. (I think the date that you cited is the date the official was granted his authority to act.)

The handwriting at the bottom of the second page indicates that it was signed by the local government officials but not the midwife/declarant and witnesses because they didn't know how to write.
February 16 1878 is the date the annotation was added to the registry. The marriage was celebrated 22 Oct 1870
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Thank you ever so much for the translation! I am now searching through the Antenati starting at 1840 when Angelo's wife was born. Then I will work backward hopefully finding Angelo's birth record at some point. The Antenati didn't have marriage records for 1870 sadly. That would have been too easy. Seeing Chiara's age at the time of birth was 32 I figure she was probably born in 1808. The Antenati starts at 1809. There was an index which I checked and there was no Chiara in 1809. I will keep searching. The archives in Caserta couldn't help me without a birth date for Angelo. Again thank you! DeMari