Translation of Death Registry for Maddalena Del Greco

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
italianmom
Master
Master

Translation of Death Registry for Maddalena Del Greco

Post by italianmom »

Please translate the following death registry:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 9.jpg.html

Image 12 #47

Please provide: registry date; date, time, place of death; names of parents and witnesses with their ages, occupations and where they lived.

Thank you
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Translation of Death Registry for Maddalena Del Greco

Post by PippoM »

Record date: Apr 1st, 1868 at 9am

Maddalena Del Greco, 21yo, peasant, born and residing in Orsogna, passed away on the same day at 1am at home, sezione Campagna. She was the daughter of Vincenzo Del Greco and Maria Lattanzio, and the wife of Filippo Iacomini, all peasants, residing in Orsogna.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
italianmom
Master
Master

Post by italianmom »

Thank you Mr. Moccaldi!
Could I please ask you a big favor? Can you find the birth registry for my great grandfather? He was a foundling and I can't find it.
His birth date is March 27, 1848 in Chieti.
If I ever get to Italy I need to take you, Angela and Mr. Bivona out to dinner for all you have done for me.
Sincerely,
Pat
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Well, I'd do it...but his name?

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

PippoM wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 19:08 Well, I'd do it...but his name?
Ciao Pippo

I'm quite sure this is the correct birth record here:

Birth of Raffaele Marzolino: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 9.jpg.html

(I think everyone is tired. It's been such a long, unusual year, to say the least.)

Angela
italianmom
Master
Master

Post by italianmom »

Bless you for finding it! Yes, his name was Raffaele Marzolino. Can you translate the document for me, please? I'm sorry I forgot to give you his name. I am getting tired of doing this. Just a few more to go and I hope I will be done, but I've set that before!
Pat
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Record date: Mar 28th, 1848 at 5pm
The record says that the Comune of Chieti received a note from the Hospice of Foundlings with the same date.
The note said that a male child was found in the wheel on day 27 at 2am. He wore good clothes, and there was a note on him requesting to give him name Raffaele. He seemed to be about 4 days old. So, he was baptized with the name of Raffaele Marzolino, and that's the name that was witten on civil records.
The side note is about the baptism, that took place in the Doom of Chieti on day 28th.

italianmom
Master
Master

Post by italianmom »

Thank you so much. Raffaele was the patriarch of a now huge Marzolino family. This was very interesting to read.

Could you help me find the birth registry for Diogene Laerzio? He is the patriarch of the Laerzio family which is also huge. On his marriage registry it said he was 26 years old when he married on August 24, 1876 in Orsogna and that he was born in Chieti of unknown parents. That would put his birth around 1850. I looked but couldn't find it around that date in Antenati. I am attaching his marriage registry for reference. You seem to find these in "diversi."
How does one get access to those records?

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 3.jpg.html

Thank you!
Pat
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

You can look here, in years 1849 and 1850.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... i/Diversi/

Unfortunately, there seem to be no indexes, so you'll have to go through every page.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Pippo is correct. There are no indices for these diversi records. I had to search page by page looking for Raffaele Marzolino's Birth Record, and also for the other birth record that I located for you, Pat. At least with Raffaele Marzolino's birth record I knew his date of birth so that made it very quick for me. In the first record I located for you there were so many registers for abandoned children, so initially, it took a while.

You will find the records are set up basically in date order so not all the records pertaining to abandoned children will be together. They will be amongst other registers like "out of town" deaths, stillbirths, recognitions, name changes, etc, that were sent in. (I think I sent you a link to a thread about Part II and Diversi records and the types of records they include.) You'll find the registers are either in the order that an event happened or in the order that the notification was received at the comune.

The name of the record you will most likely be looking for is: Atto di rinvenimento di fanciulli viventi esposti fuori gli Ospedali de' projetti, o portati nelle ruote degli Ospedali medesimi;

Scroll down and find "il nome e cognome di ..... ...."

Best to you.
"Angela"
italianmom
Master
Master

Post by italianmom »

Thank you for the information. It helped me search easier. I found Diogene Laerzio in 1950!! I looked there first but didn't find him so I looked from 1848 to 1852. Stated ages and when people were born didn't always match. There isn't enough chocolate to look through those records. They are quite tedious. I sincerely appreciate all the effort you and Mr. Micaldi put into these translations. I requested the translation Diogene Laerzio's birth registry separately.
Again, thank you, Angela.
Pat
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

You're welcome, Pat, but..."Moccaldi"! :lol: :lol:

italianmom
Master
Master

Post by italianmom »

I apologize for misspelling your name!
Pat
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

italianmom wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 16:45 Thank you for the information. It helped me search easier. I found Diogene Laerzio in 1950!! I looked there first but didn't find him so I looked from 1848 to 1852. Stated ages and when people were born didn't always match. There isn't enough chocolate to look through those records. They are quite tedious. I sincerely appreciate all the effort you and Mr. Micaldi put into these translations. I requested the translation Diogene Laerzio's birth registry separately.
Again, thank you, Angela.
Pat

Fantastic! Well done you. I'm glad you found the added info I sent through helpful in finding the 1850 record. Yes, it can be quite tedious going through those records page by page, but it is also rewarding when you finally find the record that you are looking for. Great, that you have had it translated. The town seems to be rife with abandoned children.

Take care.
Angela
italianmom
Master
Master

Post by italianmom »

So far their are four people in my family tree that were foundlings!
3 of the 4 married into the family. My great grandfather, Raffaele started the whole Marzolino family and Diogene Laerzio started the whole Laerzio family. The Laerzio's married into the Marzolino family.
Again, thank you for all of your help!
Pat