Document and Translation Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bobte2

Document and Translation Help

Post by bobte2 »

Can anyone help with info on what this 3 page document is and its translation? I know it is family but never saw a document like this.

Thanks
Bob

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArzY7G4e4SiEhOctGvk ... w?e=wOceNR
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Document and Translation Help

Post by Tessa78 »

This is a handwritten copy of the act of birth of Giuseppe DAmbrosio
Act #28
Dated 15 March 1890 at the town hall in Limosano
Before the official appeared Angelo DAmbrosio, age 35, farmer residing in the town (Limosano,) who declared that at 10:30 AM on the 15th of the current month in the house at Via S. Andrea (no number given) was born to Matilde Colavecchia, his wife, residing with him, a male child who he presented and to whom was given the name Giuseppe.

The second page names the two witnesses to the recording of the birth (usually of no relation, but visiting the town hall at the same time.)
The copy conforms to legal requirements and was requested by Sig. Angelo D'Ambrosio of Limosano on 4 November 1911 (Possibly for a marriage of Giuseppe.)

The third page includes the stamps and signatures of the officials who saw/approved the copy.

In case you do not have it... here is the link to the original birth act (#28)
Top left of image.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

T.
bobte2

Post by bobte2 »

You are great!...thank you so much. I dont know what I would have done without this web site.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Happy to help! :D

T.