Death of Giovanni Coari

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
leecann62@gmail.com

Re: Death of Giovanni Coari

Post by leecann62@gmail.com »

darkerhorse wrote: 11 May 2021, 17:10 The place is noted for its cheese (see under Food).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santo_Stefano_d%27Aveto
Wow. That lends some credence to him working in a cheese factory. Thanks!
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Maybe you can find the name of the old cheese factory and see if there are any accident records. It's a long shot.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

Does the family lore indicate he died from an occupational hazard at the factory..? Or possibly had some sort of attack (such as heart failure, stroke or aneurism) and was transported home where he expired (as noted in the Atti di Morte)..?
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
leecann62@gmail.com

MarcuccioV wrote: 11 May 2021, 17:46 Does the family lore indicate he died from an occupational hazard at the factory..? Or possibly had some sort of attack (such as heart failure, stroke or aneurism) and was transported home where he expired (as noted in the Atti di Morte)..?
Family lore varies. Some say accidental death, the other extreme say it was some sort of mafia hit job, which I tend to dismiss, but always at the cheese factory.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

leecann62@gmail.com wrote: 12 May 2021, 01:31
MarcuccioV wrote: 11 May 2021, 17:46 Does the family lore indicate he died from an occupational hazard at the factory..? Or possibly had some sort of attack (such as heart failure, stroke or aneurism) and was transported home where he expired (as noted in the Atti di Morte)..?
Family lore varies. Some say accidental death, the other extreme say it was some sort of mafia hit job, which I tend to dismiss, but always at the cheese factory.
Seems pretty far north & remote for Mani Neri (unless he was involved in that world, somehow). I suppose more likely an occupational accident.
Mark

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
leecann62@gmail.com

MarcuccioV wrote: 12 May 2021, 01:36
Seems pretty far north & remote for Mani Neri (unless he was involved in that world, somehow). I suppose more likely an occupational accident.
What is mani neri?
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

leecann62@gmail.com wrote: 12 May 2021, 02:52

What is mani neri?
Mani Neri -- "Black Hands". AKA "Cosa Nostra" (our thing). Organized crime.
Mark

leecann62@gmail.com

MarcuccioV wrote: 12 May 2021, 03:12
leecann62@gmail.com wrote: 12 May 2021, 02:52

What is mani neri?
Mani Neri -- "Black Hands". AKA "Cosa Nostra" (our thing). Organized crime.
Got it. Thanks!