Corleone bans and marriage certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
cj11788
Elite
Elite

Corleone bans and marriage certificate

Post by cj11788 »

Hello,

The below links are what I assume to be the bans and marriage for Giovanni Miceli and Antonia Bordenaro. Is my assumption correct? I ask this because it is separated by three years.

Both show Giovanni from Marineo. But does it mention if he was born there or just from there?

For Antonia, both certificates mention what looks like different places. Is that correct? I searched and couldn't find any of them.

July 1686, #880
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915

May 1689, #1116
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915

Thank you

Chris
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Corleone bans and marriage certificate

Post by erudita74 »

Chris
I don’t see the actual marriage date in either record.

1686 record-banns on July 14, 15, 21st. No impediments detected.
Groom: Giovanni di Miceli, legitimate and natural son of dec Giuseppe and Sigismunda di Miceli and Marineo (her unmarried surname-or what we call a maiden name). Giovanni was never before married and of this town, but living in the town of Bivona (Agrigento Province, Parish of St Agata).
Bride: Antonia Bordonaro, leg and natural daughter of Antonino and Anna Bordonaro and Spagnolo (mother’s unmarried surname/maiden name). She too was never before married and of the town of Bivona.

1689 record:
Banns on 9, 11, 12 of June 1689. Same info on groom and his parents. No impediments detected.
Bride-the only difference is concerning her mother’s surname/maiden name-which is given as Chirchinnitta (sp?)-can’t find anything on this surname.

Looking at the marriage dates on the pages with these two records does not help establish a date of marriage for either of the two records.

Erudita
cj11788
Elite
Elite

Post by cj11788 »

Thank you Erudita. As always, you and everyone on this site is a great help.

Chris
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Always happy to help you, Chris.
Erudita