Little help transcribing Birth Register Extract

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Santos
Rookie
Rookie

Little help transcribing Birth Register Extract

Post by Santos »

Hi everyone,

I need help transcribing the following:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1837746

That's what I could understand:
Certifica giuratamente il sotoscritto che: Monesi Francesco di Luigi e Antonia ___________ , moriva in Salara addi 28 ottobre del 1865, como resulta in.

The rest of the text is Ok.

Thanks!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Little help transcribing Death Register Extract

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

This not a birth extract, it is a death extract certifiying that Francesco Monesi, son of Luigi (Monesi) and the deceased Antonia Quagli? died in Salara on 28 October 1865.

It doesn’t make sense though because the parents of the groom were Francesco Monesi and Maria Galli (died 1860) unless Francesco married with this Antonia Quagli post 1860? You may need to research further.

Angela
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

AngelaGrace56 wrote: 07 May 2021, 23:04 This not a birth extract, it is a death extract certifiying that Francesco Monesi, son of Luigi (Monesi) and the deceased Antonia Quagli? died in Salara on 28 October 1865.

It doesn’t make sense though because the parents of the groom were Francesco Monesi and Maria Galli (died 1860) unless Francesco married with this Antonia Quagli post 1860? You may need to research further.

Angela
Angela, Francesco was the son of the late Antonia Quagli. :wink: :wink: :wink:
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

liviomoreno wrote: 08 May 2021, 07:19
AngelaGrace56 wrote: 07 May 2021, 23:04

This not a birth extract, it is a death extract certifiying that Francesco Monesi, son of Luigi (Monesi) and the deceased Antonia Quagli? died in Salara on 28 October 1865.

Angela
Angela, Francesco was the son of the late Antonia Quagli. :wink: :wink: :wink:

:oops: :lol: Yes, of course he was! I must be losing my mind..... :lol:

Thank you for checking this and for the correction Livo :)

Bless you, Angela
Santos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Santos »

Thank you Angela and Livio for correcting me. I'm used to see birth records in the Allegati not death records so automatically write down birth instead of death :).

I assumed that the record deaths were there because the groom, Giuseppe Monesi, was underage at the time of marriage, so instead of presenting their parents' consent for the marriage he had to confirm that his parents were dead.

Cheers.