Help needed with translation please.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Help needed with translation please.

Post by inejenn »

I have received the following e mail from Italy regarding my search for ancestors and although I have used Babel online I am not sure the translation is very accurate. Could anyone please help me??? (I am making an effort to learn Italian but it is slow progress, but I am at least trying so hopefully eventually I will be able to do my own translations, but in the meantime any help would be greatly appreciated!)

E Mail received from Italy:

Firenze 24/07/2006

Mia Cara Jennifer, sono sorpreso, e nello stesso tempo interessato quanto lei per la sua ricerca di dati Genealogici.

Io mi chiamo Igino Paulucci e porto il nome di mio nonno.Per quello che so’ e che noi discendiamo dai Paulucci De Calboli e siamo di sangue bleu perche’ Marchesi. Proveniamo da Calboli che era una piccola Frazione di Forli’ Noi infatti abbiamo avuto origine da Forli

E’ vero che poi i rami dell’albero si sono estesi in Campania in Toscana e nel Lazio.

Io come Lei desidero avere notizie piu’ dettagliate sulla nostra famglia chissa’ se un giorno ci riusciremo.

Dimenticavo di dirle che le sue ricerche perche’ possano produrre piu’ frutti andranno indirizzate Forli. Dove vi sono piazze e vie intitolate ai Paulucci de Calcoli.

Salutini cordiali e a presto Igino Paulucci
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help needed with translation please.

Post by elba »

Your translation...
Hope it's OK.

elba.

Florence 24/7/2006

My dear Jennifer, I am surprised and at the same time as interested as you are by your genealogical research.

My name is Igino Paulucci and I carry my grandfathers name. For that reason I know that we are descended from the Paulucci De Calboli and we are blue blooded because we are Marquesses. We originate in Calboli that was a small village (hamlet) of Forlì. We in fact have our origins in Forlì.

It is true that the branches of our tree do extend to Campania, in Tuscany and in Lazio.

I like you would like to have more detailed news of our family, who knows if one day we will succeed.

I forgot to say that your research, because it could be more fruitful should be addressed to Forlì. Where there are squares and streets named after the Paulucci of Calboli.

My best wishes Igino Paulucci
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help needed with translation please.

Post by inejenn »

You are so kind, thank you very much! I am intrigued as to the blue blood connections! Actually I would like to reply to this gentleman, could I possibly prevail upon your kindness to translate an acknowledgement for me? Something on the lines of:

Dear Igino
Many thanks for your e mail and for the information about my Paulucci ancestors. I apologise for not speaking your language and have had to prevail upon the help of others to write this for me, but I am making an effort to learn Italian.

Perhaps someday I will come to Italy and search out the places where the Paulucci family lived.

Many thanks, yours sincerely