help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: help with documents - the quest continues ! (updates)

Post by suanj »

this is the "book" of embarkation :
embarked the 2 dec 1948 as "garzone/ship-boy",
desembarked in Trieste, on "Talione/Salione/Falione -or Taliore/Saliore/Faliore" (or similar name.. illegible really!) ship, first travel in INDIA, sea master: Stefano Scallerin/Scalleri, obtaining the father consent in date 10 august 19..8 (stamp of Pola port 26 nov 1938), for a embarkation of 2 years (stamp of Trieste port 13 aug 1948), rowing suitability stamp: Pola 26 nov 1938, classified page annotations of the fascist national case of social security sea people , register assessment 1938 stamp Pola port.
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Jamerson

Re: help with documents - new documents ! (updated 29 Jan)

Post by Jamerson »

Hi everyone,

A quick update I have found a series of new documents which I believe explain why I have never found my grandfathers birth certificate;

If you could please use your expertise to translate would be very grateful !

Document 1;

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6457/save0004ws8.jpg

Document 2;

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6121/save0003kp1.jpg

Document 3;

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6148/save0002fl3.jpg
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Document 1: criminal record certificate (no sentence) from Department of Justice

Document 2: good behavior certificate from Common's Guards

Document 3: baptism certificate from bishopric, for the marriage: " Jurman Giuseppe was baptized a little time after the birth, godfather Giuseppe Carlsich and godmother Emilia Vecich( hoping right)"

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Jamerson

Post by Jamerson »

Thank you suanj :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi, none of your links seem to work...did you remove them or is it a glitch with the program??
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Jamerson

Post by Jamerson »

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for my long absence but I have been busy. On the genealogy front there has been many exciting happenings ! I have been researching the immigration movements of my grandparents as they left Italy - the national archives in Australia I have found to be most efficient however they do have a number of set procedures so if anyone needs help just send me a pm.

Recently I sent some correspondence to trieste to obtain some additional details on my great grandparents however I received the following back and I'm afraid I have no idea what it says !

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rv1ek4.jpg

any help would be most appreciated. :)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Jamerson wrote:Hi Everyone,

Sorry for my long absence but I have been busy. On the genealogy front there has been many exciting happenings ! I have been researching the immigration movements of my grandparents as they left Italy - the national archives in Australia I have found to be most efficient however they do have a number of set procedures so if anyone needs help just send me a pm.

Recently I sent some correspondence to trieste to obtain some additional details on my great grandparents however I received the following back and I'm afraid I have no idea what it says !

The municipality (Comune) di Trieste has forwarded your request to the San Bartolomeo Apostolo Parish in Opicina (a Trieste hamlet). In the letter they also explain that all documents before 1.1.1924 are kept by the Churches.
You should now receive the birth certificate from the San Bartolomeo Apostolo Parish.
Jamerson

Post by Jamerson »

liviomoreno wrote:
Jamerson wrote:Hi Everyone,

The municipality (Comune) di Trieste has forwarded your request to the San Bartolomeo Apostolo Parish in Opicina (a Trieste hamlet). In the letter they also explain that all documents before 1.1.1924 are kept by the Churches.
You should now receive the birth certificate from the San Bartolomeo Apostolo Parish.
thank you - now my next question does anyone know where i can get the contact details for this parish ? in particular phone number and the like
wakwak

Re: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)

Post by wakwak »

Maria Ghersel was my grandmother Married name Damiani (Damianich)
Born Capodistria 10 May 1890
Mother Agnese father (unwed) Giuseppe Jaranco
Can you please let me know
Thank you
Wally