translation help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
MaryP

translation help

Post by MaryP »

Hi Everyone:

I need some help with this birth record. The parents are Anna Magnone and Pietro DeLuca. The date at the top is suppose to be the birth date, which is January 22, 1887. Then 1/3 of the way down there is a date of 21st of current month. Does that refer to the birth? I'm not sure. Also the last paragraph that is handwritten, is there anything important there. Thank you for your help.
I'm not sure I set up the image the right way. Just let me know if I need to do something different.

http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ordmt7.jpg

Mary
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Re: translation help

Post by dragoni »

mary p:

the first date corresponds to the recordation of the birth, not the birth date itself. the second date is the correct one for the actual birth. i can't decipher the paragraph below as it is too fuzzy, maybe someone can who has a photo editing program.

the notation below the name to the right is the marriage record for the same person from november 29, 1906. hope this helps a bit.

tom
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

MaryP wrote:Hi Everyone:

I need some help with this birth record. The parents are Anna Magnone and Pietro DeLuca. The date at the top is suppose to be the birth date, which is January 22, 1887. Then 1/3 of the way down there is a date of 21st of current month. Does that refer to the birth? I'm not sure. Also the last paragraph that is handwritten, is there anything important there. Thank you for your help.
I'm not sure I set up the image the right way. Just let me know if I need to do something different.

http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ordmt7.jpg

Mary
Maria De Luca, daughter of Pietro De Luca e Anna Magnone(?), was born on January 21st, 1887 at 2:2 am.
MaryP

Post by MaryP »

Thank you for the information. I'm glad I checked before putting the date in my records. I still would like someone to summarize the last paragraph for me. If you click on the image it will become larger if that helps. I scanned the image at the fhc but the volunteers didn't really know too much about the scanner machine so we scanned the best we could. I appreciate everyones help.

Thanks again.

Mary
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

MaryP wrote:Thank you for the information. I'm glad I checked before putting the date in my records. I still would like someone to summarize the last paragraph for me. If you click on the image it will become larger if that helps. I scanned the image at the fhc but the volunteers didn't really know too much about the scanner machine so we scanned the best we could. I appreciate everyones help.

Thanks again.

Mary

The last paragraph states that the witnesses to this act were Domenico Marano and Domenico xxx (I can't read this). Ir also state that the declaration of the birth was done by a person different from the husband because he was absent (th person who made the declaration of birth is mentioned on top of the document and is Angela Pati.
On the right of the document it states that on November 29, 1906, in Belmonte calabro, Maria De Luca married Antonio Brevemano(?) son of the late Pietro.
MaryP

Post by MaryP »

Thank you Livio, I appreciate the translation. I was wondering why the father's name was not written in that top section but down below with the mother's name. Now I know. Hopefully I get better at reading these records. Thanks again. Mary