Help with letter to Church in Sciacca Sicily

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jscaduto

Help with letter to Church in Sciacca Sicily

Post by jscaduto »

Hi All,
I am visiting Sciacca Sicily in Oct. My Paternal Grandparents were born there. I have a copy of my grandmothers birth certificate from Sciacca. I know for a fact my Grandfather was born there. I have sent the form letter posted on this site to the Mayor of the city requesting permission for information regarding my family.
I also have her baptism certificate from St. Michele Archangelo church also in Sciacca. I would like to write a letter to the current pastor of the church requesting information, or permission to do research while I am there.
I believe that that church was not only the church of my Grandmother's family but also my Grandfathers, based on stories told, and the location on the church in Sciacca. I would like to include in this letter the request for information for both my grandparents families.
Any help anyone can give me would be great.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help with letter to Church in Sciacca Sicily

Post by suanj »

the priest don't give infos on families, they can to make only baptism/marriage certificates( providing the right data) and search( maybe.... sometime)... IT IS IMPOSSIBLe that you can make the search directly; so any request must be so; if you need of some search, you must to contact, before, the priest and ask if is possible to obtain a search second your need, and only after the reply you can write the letter with data; if you need of baptism/marriage certificates you can write directly; however normally the priest don't love the search, and what they can to provide ( after long waiting) it is the certificates; but if you have relatives in Sciacca, it will be better, and when in oct you will be in Sciacca you and your relatives can to speak with the priest... so the letter depend from what you need and from what the priest can give you... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH