Help with interpreting birth registration

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Help with interpreting birth registration

Post by mahart »

Hi,
Please could someone help with interpreting this birth registration. I'm not understanding some of the meaning for eg on who is actually presenting the newborn etc,
And some of handwriting is really difficult to decifer for me but someone with a better comand of Italian might be able to pull some of it out.

Hope this scan is clear enough

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 005ct6.jpg

Many thanks

Mark :) :)
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help with interpreting birth registration

Post by elba »

Sorry,
It is too indistinct to read, even enlarging it. Perhaps if you put it into a PDF file it may be clearer and enable reading of the handwriting.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the child is presented by midwife: Maria Giuseppa CIPRIANI; the child is born in Molfetta the 10 March 1863, name: Saverio PALOMBELLA son of ...(Lazaro/Lazzaro?) PALOMBELLA late Francesco, mariner age 46, and of Nunziata DI GIOIA late Mariangelo(?) age 46....

......very small picture...........
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

Hi Elba & Suanj,
Thank you both for looking at this and apologies that the image was both ineligible and small. I always seem to have problems using imageshack, and I took your advice Elba and tried uploading in PDF format but Imageshack does not support this type and I do not know of any other image host websites. I was wondering if anyone would allow me to email to them this image? I am desperate to take as much information from this registration as possible eg times, residence, church etc because it is the first time I have actually found information that substantiates the region of Italy my family originated from.

And yes as always Suanj the part you deciphered is correct Lazaro was his father and a mariner, and you also cleared up the part of the document that did not make sense to me in that Maria Guiseppe Cipriani was the midwife and Nunziata Gioia the mother.

I owe you another big thanks Suanj and others such as Richru, Nuccia, Mauromags, Joyce and Widspiirt. I joined this site a year and half ago thinking my family came from Verona and right from the start you all pointed to the Bari region with suggestions and addresses, even explaining the meaning of the name Palombella, which has totally changed my perception of wood pigeons'. And with this document I have arrived to where it began Molfetta.

Thank you all

Regards Mark
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark