Surnames: Delfiacco

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
mom-b

Surnames: Delfiacco

Post by mom-b »

Looking for any information on a Luisa Delfiacco who married a Allessandro Saniti(Sanniti). Allessandro died in Italy and Lusia and her 2 sons came here in 1940. Her sons names are: Paris(e) (my grandfather) and Edward (Edoardo) (my great uncle). She then married a Savino.
Any information will be helpful.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Since you don't specify what youi want to know, I have no choice but to assume you are looking for relatives in Italy and perhaps, documents which you may desire at some future time. Go to www.paginebianche.it and puit in both surnames (one at a time) in the first line and the town of origin in the third line ( I assume you know the town they came from in Italy) and click CERCA and a listing will appear of those persons with those surnames in that town by name,address and telephone number. Peter
mom-b

Surname: Delfiacco, Savino, Saniti(Sanniti)

Post by mom-b »

I went to the site and I found some Sanniti and Savino, but I did not find any Delfiacco. I am going by what I got from Ellis Island documents. And it produced nothing. I even tried from where my Savino and Sanniti are and nothing. Any idea on how I can find any Delfiacco in Italy. Ellis Island said "Celano, Italy" and "Italian South". Any Ideas?
Thanks for the quick reply
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 23 Del Fiacco in Italy. Go to www.pagionebianche.it and put in Del Fiacco in the first line and the following regions Abruzzo (AB), Lazio (LA), Umbria (UM),Piemonte(PI),Lombarfdia(LO), Veneto (VE) and the Island of Sardegna (sardinia SA). Peter
mom-b

Surmane: Delfiacco, Savino, Saniti(Sanniti)

Post by mom-b »

Thanks Peter for your fast reply. I found out there are more than 23 Del Fiacco in Italy. On some of them I had to put the name of the comume and presto there they were. I found about 60 of them. Now how do I go about to write them a letter to ask them if they are related to me or not?

The link in your last reply does not work, there is a "o" in there that does not belong.

Betsy
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What "O" link are you talking about??? Obviously you don't know how to srite in Italian. Do you happen to know the town origin?? That would whittle down the number of letters to the people to whom it would make sense. Go to the ellis island site and see if you can find a relative and the town of origin will show up. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The town that your other relatives come from may be the town of origin. Arfen;t there any Del Fiuacco in your family that came thru Ellis Island??? That would give you their town of origin. Please try that and then write to the other relatives since they will know. Peter
mom-b

Post by mom-b »

This is the link you put in my second reply; www.pagionebianche.it. the first reply it did not have an "o" in it. this link did not work, I went to the other link and it worked.

The Ellis Island records says: Celano, Italy. I tried it and it did not work.

Betsy
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What do you mean not work?? There is a dress shop in the town named Del Fiacco but no one else but that does not mean that there is no record for your relatives there. You can request documents like birth records and marriage records etc. Why not write to that bridal shop in the www.paginebianche.it and ask them if they know your family? Peter
astrorse

Post by astrorse »

zA zA
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Astrorse you are not thinking about what the poster has in mind for his/her research objective. Your putting forth just a loit of cluttering information without reaching any end only serves to confuse the posters since they are looking for persons whom for the most part, are not known to the poster. I will not rerpeat this except to say DITTO each time you act like an intellectual boor. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The town is CELANO, Postal code 67043, provincia Aquila, Abruzzi, Italy. The website is www.paginebianche.it. Put in the surname in the first line and the town in the third line and click CERCA and a listing will appear. Peter
LouPa

Re: Surnames: Delfiacco

Post by LouPa »

del Fiacco does have (did have?) a concentration in Collarmele, Province of L'Aquila, Abruzzi (near Celano). It also seems a branch moved to Paterno which is very close to Celano.

My mother's (Irma Paolone) maiden name is del Fiacco (b.1939) - lives in Stoney Creek (Hamilton) Ontario, Canada).
Her Father is Armando (b. 1904 Collarmele, d.1988 Hamilton Ontario Canada). Armando married Maria D'Avolio (b. 1908 in Collarmele, d. 2000, in Hamilton). Armando had a brother Luigi del Fiacco who emigrated to Windsor Ontario (c. 1952?). His daughter is Filomena Nicoletti of Windsor.

Armando and Luigi's parents were Berardo delFiacco and Filomena D'Avolio. (D'Avolio is another very common name in Collarmele).