need help translating please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie

need help translating please

Post by daenamousso »

Prot. 3561 /28.34.07.04 del 14/09/2007 Risposta al Foglio del 16/07/2007

Gentile Signora

In relazione alla nota del 16/07/2007 Le comunichiamo che il fondo "Stato Civile", qui conservato, copre una fascia cronologica che va dal 1809 al 1860. La informiamo, inoltre, che gli Archivi di Stato non possono effettuare, in generale, ricerche genealogiche per conto terzi, non solo perchè implicano lunghe ricerche in diversi fondi archivistici che debbono in genere essere effettuate direttamente dagli interessati nelle sale di studio, ma, soprattutto, perchè tali ricerche devono necessariamente svolgersi negli archivi degli uffici comunali di Stato Civile e nelle parrocchie dei luoghi da cui provengono le famiglie di cui interessa la storia. Possiamo, solamente, confermarLe (notizie estratte dal foglio matricolare) la data di nascita di Vincenzo Ceglia ( 08/07/1892. Airola) figlio di Pasquale e Buono Marta, figlia di Marco e di Caterina Meccariello, nata ad Airola 08/07/1860( fondo Stato Civile).

Distinti saluti

Il Funzionario Responsabile
Sig. Della Porta Gennaro

Il Direttore
Dr. Valeria Taddeo

Archivio di Stato
Via G. De Vita 3-fax 082424655
e-mail asbn@archivi.brnicultutali.it
codice fiscale Istituto 80003550623
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: need help translating please

Post by BillieDeKid »

I think this is pretty close. Someone jump in and correct me on any errors.
Elizbeth

Kind Lady

In connection to the note of the 16/07/2007 we communicate that the "State Civil", are preserved here and covers a chronological band that goes from 1809 to 1860. We inform you, that we cannot carry out the Files of State, in general, genealogical researches for a third party, not only involve long searches in different deep archives that have to be carried out directly from the interested in the study, but, above all, because such searches need to be developed themselves in the files of the town offices of State Civil and in the parishes of the places from your request.
We are able, alone, to confirm (news extracted from the sheet matricolare) the date of birth of Vincenzo Ceglia(08/07/1892. Airola) son of Pasquale and Buono Marta, and birth of Marco and of Caterina Meccariello, born to Airola 08/07/1860 (State Civil).

Different greetings

The Responsible Official
Mr. Della Porta Gennaro

The Director
Dr. Valerius Taddeo
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie

Post by daenamousso »

So basically, the Archivio dello Stato can not perform searches for a third party because the long and involved and I must contact the town office and parishes, not the provinicial office?
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie

Post by daenamousso »

and who was born on 08/07/1860?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the mother of Vincenzo ( BUONO Marta birth: 8 july 1860) .....
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie

Post by daenamousso »

Does the name Buona Marta have a translation? Is it a nickname? Or does it just translate to "Good Martha"? and her maiden name is Meccariello?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Buono is the surname, and Marta the first name... Marta BUONO was the daughter of Marco Buono & Caterina Meccariello Buono
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
daenamousso
Rookie
Rookie

Post by daenamousso »

Thanks suanj...I knew about the Buono for a very long time, but never thought it was a surname...I always thought it was part of her first name...:0