", di anni quarantotto"

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
meticulousmobile
Rookie
Rookie

", di anni quarantotto"

Post by meticulousmobile »

On my GGrandfather Vincenzo Pennellas' birth record from Grumento Nova on 25 Nov, 1888, it lists his father as "Pennella Michele, di anni quarantotto, contradino". Does this mean he was 48 years old at the time of Vincenzos' birth? That will help me order the correct year of film for Micheles' birth if so. Contradino means peasant, or country laborer, etc, correct? Thanks!
Researching Pennella, Liuzzi, Bottini, Casella, LaPosta, Defeudis, Gaudet, Gallant and Parant.
mariothegreat

Re: ", di anni quarantotto"

Post by mariothegreat »

meticulousmobile wrote:On my GGrandfather Vincenzo Pennellas' birth record from Grumento Nova on 25 Nov, 1888, it lists his father as "Pennella Michele, di anni quarantotto, contradino". Does this mean he was 48 years old at the time of Vincenzos' birth? That will help me order the correct year of film for Micheles' birth if so. Contradino means peasant, or country laborer, etc, correct? Thanks!
Hi, Yes it seems right, quite strange they mention his age... Contadino means peasant, if you have any doubt send a jpg and I'll have a look
Cheers
Mario
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

That's correct, 48 is the age and contadino=farmer, is the profession.
meticulousmobile
Rookie
Rookie

Post by meticulousmobile »

Thanks! Then I'll be ordering film of births around 1840, time to find the next generation!
Researching Pennella, Liuzzi, Bottini, Casella, LaPosta, Defeudis, Gaudet, Gallant and Parant.