prov. di TORINO document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Debid76
Rookie
Rookie

prov. di TORINO document

Post by Debid76 »

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone can translate this document I found at my Grandma's for me. Serafina DiFronzo is my great-great grandma. I tried to use an Italian to English translation website, but it didn't make any sense. Know of any good ones????

Thank you, in advance, for your help and time.

Deb

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1193/scan0001em4.jpg
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: prov. di TORINO document

Post by elba »

Electronic translations are notoriously misleading... Here is what the document says - hope it helps.
elba

With the present private deed which meets the legal requirements in every way the undersigned Serafina Difronzo of the late Michele, and Francesco Difronzo of the late Michele from Triggiano, are coming to establish the present sale of goods location that is:
Serafina Difronzo concedes the location to the other contractor Francesco Difronzo, who accepts the rustic base of the property of the above mentioned, his sister Serafina, situated in the tercilorio (area ?) of Triggiano, to the Ferrara quarter of the extensions of four orders. The present location to be signed for the duration of six years paying the rent in advance of £240 (£= Lire).
However in the event that Difronzo Serafina returns from New York for whatever reason, the present contract will be dissolved, retaking the base and repaying the above mentioned sum to her brother. In this way this act has been accepted by both parties.
Triggiano 14 May 1921
Sign of the crucifix of Serafina Difronzo of the late Michele.
Sign of the crucifix of Francesco Difronzo of the late Michele.
Nicola Millilo Teste

If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Debid76
Rookie
Rookie

Re: prov. di TORINO document

Post by Debid76 »

Thank you very much, Elba, for your response.

Debby