Need help deciphering occupation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
IoriGirl

Need help deciphering occupation

Post by IoriGirl »

I am new to this web site, so please excuse any mistakes in my posting. I have a lot to learn.

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to translate the occupation term from a marriage record from the Modena area. Can anyone tell me what the word is (above the name Carlo)? I hope that the file is properly attached!

Thanks for your help and patience with a newcomer.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Need help deciphering occupation

Post by liviomoreno »

No file attached :(
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

IoriGirl

Post by IoriGirl »

I am trying again to add the attachment. The first posting showed it as attached when I prepared the message. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong but don't know how to correct the problem. When I "preview" the message, I see the file name. Any help with teaching me how to properly attach file clip would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
IoriGirl

Post by IoriGirl »

misbris:

Thanks for the link. I have a similar list of occupations. The problem for me is that I can't decipher the writing and hoped to post a scan of it. I can't sseem to add the image...not sure what I am doing wrong. I choose "add attachment" and the file name shows on my previewed message. It's a .tif and smaller than the max. size. Any ideas?

Thank you!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Lori, you should upload your file to imageshack (ore similar) and provide a link to see it.
IoriGirl

Post by IoriGirl »

Livio,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have never used imageshack (don't even know what it is), but I will investigate it.

Thanks again!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Click here http://imageshack.us/, follow the instruction, don't resize your image