A second email from Pietrelcina, and a thank you note

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

A second email from Pietrelcina, and a thank you note

Post by Scarlett227 »

I received a second email from the records office regarding a sister in one of our photographs who has not been previously accounted for. I am not quite sure what the author of the email is telling me about her:

COMUNE DI PIETRELCINA(BN)
Ufficio dei Servizi Demografici
Si riscontra la VS. nota e si comunica che la persona Fioretti Antonia nata a Pietrelcina il 09/05/1926 è anch'essa figlia di Orazio e Mastronardi Nicolina, quindi sorella di Giuseppe, Lucia e Luigi. La sig.ra Fioretti Antonia risulta emigrata per il Comune di S.Maria a Vico(Caserta) in data 21/09/1949.
Si precisa che le notizie inviate anche in precedenza sono scaturite da ricerca sommaria al fine di esaudire nel più breve tempo possibile VS. desiderio di conoscenza.
P.S. per una ricerca approfondita di tutte le persone da Voi citate nella richiesta occorre molto tempo disponibile che l'ufficio non può assicurare.
Nella speranza di averle fatto cosa gradita con quanto inviato, la saluto cordialmente
F.to Cosimo MOLINARA Resp.del Servizio

Did she move? Is she a sister in law? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Also, I would like to send a short thank you note to both Mr. Molinara at the records office and also another man in the town for their help. Could someone translate this into Italian for me?

Dear Mr. Molinara,

Thank you so much for your help in researching my family history. The information you have provided has been invaluable. I am sorry to have put you to any trouble.
(Etc -- whatever you think is appropriate as a reply to the email above).

Thank you so much!!
Searching for: Mastronardi (Pietrelcina), D'Auria (Ariano), Ciaccio (Santa Margherita di Belice) and Prizzi (Menfi).
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: A second email from Pietrelcina, and a thank you note

Post by elba »

From this statement in the letter -

"La sig.ra Fioretti Antonia risulta emigrata per il Comune di S.Maria a Vico(Caserta) in data 21/09/1949. "

"Mrs. Fioretta Antonia shows as having emigrated for (to?) the Comune of S.Maria a Vico on the 21/09/1949"

The question is therefore:
1. Was she at that time resident in America and emigrated BACK to Italy...

OR

2. Was she back in Italy and emigrated FROM S.Maria al Vico?

But the letter clearly states:
"...Fioretti Antonia risulta emigrata per il Comune di S.Maria a Vico..."
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scarlett227 »

Thank you, Elba, for your reply. I was wondering if the letter meant that Ms. Fioretti was born in Pietrelcina and emigrated/moved to Caserta upon her marriage? Would that be a possibility?
Searching for: Mastronardi (Pietrelcina), D'Auria (Ariano), Ciaccio (Santa Margherita di Belice) and Prizzi (Menfi).
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

I have just spoken to a friend in a local comune and I was told that the statement in your letter that says:

"La sig.ra Fioretti Antonia risulta emigrata per il Comune di S.Maria a Vico(Caserta) in data 21/09/1949. "

means that as far as the comune is concerned she emigrated (left) that comune on the 21/09/1949, and that is what was recorded for (per) the Comune Register.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Scarlett227
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scarlett227 »

Thank you, and please thank your friend for their assistance!! Very much appreciated!!