Translation help please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Translation help please

Post by signoretti »

Hello ~

I received a couple birth records a couple years ago from the Comune di Citta di Castello where my GGgrandparents are from. I thought I understood these certificates but when reading them again tonight I'm getting confused. The birth records are for my GGgrandmother Eugenia and her brother Agostino. I see the name Filomena Moretti for the mother on both certificates with different names of fathers. Please help me understand :)
Thank you so much!!
~Emily
Attachments
IMG_4351.JPG
IMG_4350.JPG
Researching Surnames:
Signoretti, Serroni, Moretti (Citta di Castello)
Ravetta, Clerici, Motta, Colli (Novara)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation help please

Post by Tessa78 »

The extracts do have different given names for the father, but SERRONI surname on both.
It is possible that the clerk made an error, since both extracts were produced the same day - a possible confusion with the son named Agostino...

Do you have copies of the marriage acts for Eugenia and Agostino?
The marriages are cited on the birth acts. Eugenia in Citta' di Castello 17 December 1889; and Agostino on 13 October 1898, also in Citta' di Castello.

EDIT TO ADD***
While looking for the marriage acts (many are missing in the online collection) I found this marriage for Tommaso Serroni (brother to Eugenia and Agostino?). The marriage was in March 1890. Parents are Domenico Serroni and Filomena Moretti
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043831

T.
signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by signoretti »

Tessa,

Thank you so much for your response, I was so happy :D :D Your information is very helpful as I want to write the Comune of Citta Di Castello for some more records.

I think the clerk might have made a mistake when filling out Eugenias birth record. After your attachment of the marriage record showing Tomassos dad as Domenico, I believe Eugenias father was also Domenico like her brothers Tomasso and Agostino.

I do have the marriage extracts for Eugenia and Giuseppe. They are my GGgrandparents.

I do not have the marriage extracts for Agostino.

I have never seen the marriage records for Tomasso before. Thank you so much for sharing the link with me. It really helps.

Tomasso, Eugenia and Agostino also had another brother and his name is Fedele Serroni born in 1865. I found him on the Ellis Island ships manifest. It lists his wife as Albina Urbanelli. Brothers Fedele and Tomasso married sisters Albina and Mafalda, so cool. I wonder if there is a marriage record for Fedele and Albina?

~Emily
Researching Surnames:
signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by signoretti »

Quick question Tessa?

When searching thorugh the records of Citta di Castello on the link you attatched, can you search by names or page by page only?

I've been trying to find out more on my Ggrandfather Egidio Signoretti side of the family (Egidio was the son of Eugenia Serroni and Giuseppe Signoretti) I"ve been curious to find out if he had brothers or sisters. No one in my family knows anything :(

These records are AMAZING!! Thank you so much!!!!
~Emily :D
Researching Surnames:
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The records for Citta' di Castello are very limited.
At the link in Familysearch that I am posting, you will see that there are no births (Nati) listed, and the marriages (Matrimoni) have many years missing. It was just luck that I happened to find Tommaso's marriage in 1890, one of the years that are available.

As to how to search, many times you can find an index either at the beginning or the end of each book/year.
When they are not available, you must search page by page looking for a surname.
Here is the link to the online list of records available:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043831
And... here is the link to records available on microfilm from your local LDS Family History Center:
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

I think your best option would be to write directly to the town again to make a request.

T.
signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by signoretti »

Tessa ~

Thank you so much for your quick reply and helpful information (sending virtual hug :). I wrote 2 letters yesterday to the Comune of Citta di Castello requesting information on the Serroni and Signoretti families.

I really appreciate your help linking the attachments.
After I recieve responses from the newly requested records I just sent, my next step is to request the records available on microfilm and do the research at my local LDS family History Center.

Thanks again Tessa :)

~Emily :)
Researching Surnames:
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

signoretti wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 16:52 Tessa ~

Thank you so much for your quick reply and helpful information (sending virtual hug :). I wrote 2 letters yesterday to the Comune of Citta di Castello requesting information on the Serroni and Signoretti families.

I really appreciate your help linking the attachments.
After I recieve responses from the newly requested records I just sent, my next step is to request the records available on microfilm and do the research at my local LDS family History Center.

Thanks again Tessa :)

~Emily :)
Emily :-)

Do this quickly. They will be suspending the microfilm rentals as of the end of August 2017, I believe.
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... logy/40526

Hugs to you, too!
T.
signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by signoretti »

Tessa~

Thank you so much for the info! I will make the request next week :)
Researching Surnames: