Translation for Crescenzo Apperti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
pm16
Veteran
Veteran

Translation for Crescenzo Apperti

Post by pm16 »

Can someone please translate this record. I think its the death record for Crescenzo Apperti. I found it in the matrimonio processetti for Alessandra Apperti. She was my 4th great grandmother and this was her second marriage.

Also another question- was it common to not include the mother's name on the death records before 1809? This is the 4th record I have found for my 6th great grandparents where only the father's name is listed.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

thank you for your help!

Patti
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translation for Crescenzo Apperti

Post by erudita74 »

He died at age 55 on May 5, 1768. He was the husband of Alessandra Scraro. There are no parents' named in this record.

The content of church records was at the discretion of the parish priest or his cleric. This makes it difficult to generalize concerning what names were listed, or not listed, in a given death record.

Erudita
pm16
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pm16 »

thank you so much!

I guess I am just going to have to accept the fact that I can't get back any further :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. Sorry the record doesn't contain the details you were hoping for.

Erudita
pm16
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pm16 »

Oh its ok. Honestly, thanks to you and all the other wonderful people on this forum who help find and translate things, I have found out more about my family than I ever thought possible. I honestly never thought I'd get past my great grandparents and Jersey City,NJ and I've managed to get back 9 generations at some points. :)