Marriage Translation for Quagliana

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Marriage Translation for Quagliana

Post by ItalianbellaSA » 03 Dec 2019, 00:33

Hi Everyone:

I am back to researching my husband's genealogy. I was able to find a marriage record for his gggrandparents, Santo Quagliana and Rosalia Antonazzo. I am having trouble reading the handwritting and would appreciate a little assistanct, please. Here is the link:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

I have been able to translate the following:

Marriage Date: July 28, 1834

Place: Caltavuturo, Palermo, Sicily

Groom: Santo Quagliana, age 29, son of Rosario Quagliana (deceased) and Antonia di Fazio (deceased) -- (not sure if mother's name is correct)

Bride: Rosalia Antonazzo, age 18, daughter of Domenico Antonazzo (deceased) and Girolama _____________?, age 45?

Please correct any mistakes and add anything important I might have left out of the translation. I thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Sue Antista

Italianbella SA
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Translation for Quagliana

Post by mmogno » 03 Dec 2019, 01:09

Solemn promise Date: July 28, 1834

Marriage Date: July 29, 1834

Place: Caltavuturo, Palermo, Sicily

Groom: Santo Quagliana, age 29, son of Rosario Quagliana (deceased) and Antonia di Fazio (deceased)

Bride: Rosalia Antonazzo, age 18, daughter of Domenico Antonazzo (deceased) and Girolama Giallombardo, age 45

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Re: Marriage Translation for Quagliana

Post by ItalianbellaSA » 03 Dec 2019, 03:02

Thank you very much.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA